Wauwatosa East finished the regular season in fourth place (4-3) with a 10-3 overall record. Menomonee Falls finished in fifth place with a 3-4 record, 12-6-1 overall.
Add to that, the Red Raiders blanked the Indians, 2-0, May 17 at Falls.
Yet the Red Raiders are seeded ninth and the Indians are seeded eighth and have to travel to Falls tonight at 7 p.m. to open post-season play.
The Red Raiders had an impressive nine-match winning streak stopped in their GMC finale, losing to Sussex Hamilton (4-2-1, 14-3-1), 3-2, in overtime May 24 at Whitman Field.
Tosa East had a quick start, jumping off to a 2-0 lead in the first 22 minutes, only to see the Chargers cut the lead to 2-1 at halftime and score a second-half goal to send the game into overtime and earn the comeback victory.
Junior Amanda Babler scored with an assist by McKenna Kowalski 2 minutes, 32 seconds into the match.
Then the Walls sisters combined on a score at 21:43, with Cara scoring on a pass from Alayah.
But the Red Raiders offense was shut down the rest of the way, as the Chargers defense slammed the door.
Kara Bednarek scored (Jen Jobke assist) at 24:05 and then Kirsten Anderson scored (Kaitlin Traverse assist) at 74:13.
The Chargers quickly put the Red Raiders out of their misery as Brooke Menzia scored (Jobke assist) 3:09 seconds into the extra period.
Their non-conference finale against New Berlin Eisenhower on May 25 was rained out.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa West boys basketball team defeats Shorewood, South Milwaukee
- Marquette gets revenge with 75-55 victory over Wauwatosa East boys
- Wauwatosa East's Stewart, Green combine for 49 points in win over Brookfield Central
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball team loses road games to Shorewood, South Milwaukee
- Wauwatosa Hurricanes finish second at Bob White Swimming Invitational
- Wauwatosa Tosa girls basketball team drops tough decisions to Lancers, Chargers
- Pewaukee whips Wauwatosa wrestlers to take first in conference
- Wauwatosa West finally defeats Tosa East, 60-56
- Wauwatosa wrestlers beat South Milwaukee, take third in Janssen Invite
- Bailey Berlin's free throws give Wauwatosa East win over Tosa West