Wauwatosa East continued to knock off Greater Metro Conference foes, beating Menomonee Falls, 2-0, on May 17 and then blanking Pius XI, 5-0, on Friday in a non-conference match.
The win over the Indians gave the Red Raiders a 4-2 record going into the week and it was their ninth straight win and fourth straight in conference play. Their only losses came to the top two teams - Brookfield Central (5-0-1) and Brookfield East (3-0-2). Their last loss was on April 12 to the Spartans, 1-0.
Falls (3-3) has an 11-4-1 overall record and had started the season with six straight wins.
Junior Maja Tesmer scored in the 24th minute with an assist from senior captain Cara Walls to give Tosa East a 1-0 lead. Then in the 74th minute, Walls scored with an assist from her sister Alayah Walls.
In the win over the Popes to close out the week, Madeline Packard had two goals and an assist to spark the victory, scoring the only first half goal at 9 minutes, 52 seconds, with a pass from Tesmer.
Tosa East then came out and scored three goals in four minutes.
Amanda Babler scored on an assist by Cara Walls at 47:38 and then Packard scored her second goal at 49:48 with an assist from Katie Salmon. Alayah Walls then closed out scoring spree at 50:13 when she scored with an assist from Packard.
McKenna Kowalski had the final goal at 78:39.
"We had a slow first half. We scored one early goal, but there was not much action for the rest of the half," assistant coach Colleen Dardis said. "In the second half, we picked it up. We scored three goals in under four minutes. Maddie Packard had a great game.
"This win was important because it was the last game that will be looked at when the playoff seedings are determined."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- CNI wnt_GOLF13_1002_S.jpg
- Greendale turns to run to beat Wauwatosa West Trojans
- Wauwatosa East's offense has best outing of year
- Wauwatosa West tennis team wins second straight Woodland title
- Wauwatosa West swimmers finish fourth at Woodland
- Wauwatosa East kickers have perfect week
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 26
- Wauwatosa West football team runs to 31-10 win over Eisenhower
- Wauwatosa East girls cross country team second at Angel Invite
- Wauwatosa West netters win third division title in 4 years