Three area middle school athletes won titles in the Milwaukee Area Conference Championships on Saturday.
Longfellow wrestlers, Jordan Boettcher and Zach Miller, along with Whitman's Marcus Morrow won Milwaukee Area Conference Championships.
Boettcher won his championship with a 7-6 decision in the finals over Jon Baltz of Frank Lloyd Wright Middle School at 96 pounds. Miller won his championship at 103 pounds with a 10-0 major decision in the finals over Miguel Gomez of Whitefish Bay Middle School. Morrow's championship happened at 138 pounds with a 13-6 decision in the finals over Ryan Ulbrich of Lincoln Middle School.
A runner-up finish was earned by Longfellow's Zach Hoffland while Longfellow's Ben Reagan earned a third-place finish. Also placing for Whitman was: Josh Zembles-5th, Henry Morgan-5th, Brad Koehler-5th, and Sean McDuffie-6th. Other competitors who didn't place were: Avery Weishoff and Jake Zellmer of Longfellow and Kyle Hemming of Whitman.
Junior varsity wrestlers from the schools also turned in a good performance.
Longfellow place winners were: David Lers (first), Dylan Christman (second), Tristan Reagan (second), Andrew Suson (second), Matt Suson (third), Rylan McNally (third) and Rosie Young (fourth).
Whitman place winners were: Zach Linden (first), Dajhan Mitchell (first), Nathan Linden (second), Trevor Semega (second), Joey Blanco (third), Jeffrey Little (third), Jake Plantz (third), Marcus Smukowski (third), Hank Bauer (fourth), Zewdei Gebremedhim (fourth) and Colin Sieglaff (fourth).
The Longfellow team is coached by former Tosa East wrestlers DJ Wurster and Justin Kachar. Whitman is coached by former Tosa West wrestlers Mason Jarecki-Nimmo, Sean Klauck, and Kelly Movroydis.
-Tom 'Sky' Skibosh
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitefish Bay softball tourney and field a big success
- Trojans win 2 of 3 on the diamond
- Widder earns WIAC Scholar-Athlete Award
- Wauwatosa East boys fifth, girls seventh at GMC Relays
- Wauwatosa East blasts Bulldogs, nips Spartans
- Late goal keeps Homestead girls soccer team in North Shore lead
- Wauwatosa East girls soccer team ties top-ranked DSHA
- Wauwatosa East tennis team second at Beaver Dam Invite
- Wauwatosa West girls almost upset Arrowhead
- Wauwatosa West boys track and field team fourth in Woodland Relays