Wauwatosa West edged Milwaukee Custer, 30-27, Saturday night at Brookfield Central and won its first regional title since 2000.
The Trojans (8-16) play Whitefish Bay (19-5) at Waukesha South at 7 p.m. on Thursday.
Trailing 24-23 with 6:58 left ot play, the Trojans went on a 7-3 run to win the game down the stretch.
Lauren Jaworowicz stole the ball and scored to give West the lead for good at 6:30, then Latasha Harmon sank two free throws and Paige Soles hit a running jumper to make it 29-24.
Custer's Birana McGinty then hit a free throw and a jumper to make it 29-27 and West missed 3-of-4 free throws, but hung on for the win.
Harmon and Jaworowicz had six points each and Elise Ditscheit had Soles had five each, while McGinty ledCuster with 14.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa East hammers Homestead, 7-1
- Trojan kickers toss shutout in opener
- Wauwatosa West wins four of five at Tosa Invite
- Wauwatosa West, East place sixth, seventh in Early Bird invite
- Ironman Wisconsin set for Sept. 7 in Madison
- Football: Trojans rule the city another year
- The social media story of Wauwatosa West at Wauwatosa East football
- Poll: Who will win the Battle of Wauwatosa: West or East?
- Tosa East football team trying to overcome injuries