Wauwatosa West advanced Friday night to the WIAA Regional Finals at Brookfield Central on Saturday, but Wauwatosa East had their season suddenly cut short.
West sank 18-of-21 free throws in the fourth quarter and pulled away for a 58-45 win over Morse-Marshall before a packed house.
Jarvis Ashley led the way with 13 points, including 7-of-8 from the free throw line. Alex Chu had 11 points, including two big 3-point shots early, Ricky Landers had 10 points and Tyler Krause, who was blanked for three quarters, went 8-for-8 from the free throw line in the fourth quarter. Kendale Nation led the Eagles with 15 points.
West led 15-6 after one quarter and 21-18 at half. They increased it to 36-31 in the third period and then pulled away.
West (14-10) now meets Milwaukee Lutheran (9-13) at Brookfield Central at 7 p.m. on Saturday.
The Red Knights rallied to take a 27-26 half-time lead after the Red Raiders led 11-9 after one quarter. Lutheran led 40-38 and hung on to win by one.
Garrett Wenzelberger scored 15 and Erik Hulman 12 for Lutheran while Vince Cupertino had 10 points and Darrell Bowie and Anthony Carroll nine each.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa West's inexperience affects season in close losses
- Six Wauwatosa East baseball players earn GMC honors on some level
- Land O'Lakes game brings back good memories
- Jr. Trojans set baseball tryouts for U9-U14 teams
- Wauwatosa West loses pitchers' duel to Pius in regional semifinal
- Where did the summer go?
- Sports Notes: July 23, 2015
- Pewaukee's fast start ends Wauwatosa East baseball team's season
- Wauwatosa West wins 2 of 3 in Woodland Conference Round Robin
- Wauwatosa West baseball team beats Nicolet in season finale