Wauwatosa West advanced Friday night to the WIAA Regional Finals at Brookfield Central on Saturday, but Wauwatosa East had their season suddenly cut short.
West sank 18-of-21 free throws in the fourth quarter and pulled away for a 58-45 win over Morse-Marshall before a packed house.
Jarvis Ashley led the way with 13 points, including 7-of-8 from the free throw line. Alex Chu had 11 points, including two big 3-point shots early, Ricky Landers had 10 points and Tyler Krause, who was blanked for three quarters, went 8-for-8 from the free throw line in the fourth quarter. Kendale Nation led the Eagles with 15 points.
West led 15-6 after one quarter and 21-18 at half. They increased it to 36-31 in the third period and then pulled away.
West (14-10) now meets Milwaukee Lutheran (9-13) at Brookfield Central at 7 p.m. on Saturday.
The Red Knights rallied to take a 27-26 half-time lead after the Red Raiders led 11-9 after one quarter. Lutheran led 40-38 and hung on to win by one.
Garrett Wenzelberger scored 15 and Erik Hulman 12 for Lutheran while Vince Cupertino had 10 points and Darrell Bowie and Anthony Carroll nine each.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Slow start hurts Wauwatosa East girls basketball in loss
- Wauwatosa West girls bring three-game basketball win streak
- Wauwatosa West boys basketball takes win streak into week
- Rockets pin loss on Wauwatosa wrestlers
- Wauwatosa Hurricanes swim team captures three events
- Former Wauwatosa East star nominated for Good Works Award
- Tosa wrestlers bring home three champions
- Sports Note: Dec. 12
- Tosa East girls basketball team seeing positive results early on
- Tosa West boys basketball team continues to roll