New Berlin Eisenhower ended the regular season with a 58-29 win over Wauwatosa West at home on Senior Night.
The Lions opened up a 21-3 lead after one quarter and expanded it to 37-5 at intermission. The Trojans played better in the second half, outscoring Ike, 24-21, but it was too little too late.
Nicole Bauman led the way with 16 points, but accounted for several other baskets with some outstanding passes. Andrea Ganzke had an excellent game at point guard and scored 10 points.
Paige Soles led the Trojans with 10 points.
Ganzke, Amy Borkenhagen, Sara Potts, Claire Krzykowski and Anna Hahn all played their final regular-season home game for the Lions.
Ike is now 17-0 in league play and 20-2 overall. The Lions are off until March 11 when they play the winner of the Catholic Memorial/Whitnall game in the regional semi-finals at home. Ike has won 14 of 15 games.
Tosa West is 4-13, 6-16 and they also play on Friday at home against the winner of the Milwaukee Washington/Milwaukee Samuel Morse-Marshall/Juneau winner.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sports Shorts: April 17
- Tosa West kickers beat Falcons, Vikings
- Tosa West girls track and field team dominates in winning Woodland West Division Indoor Championship
- Couri Insurance wins City Basketball Title
- Tosa West girls soccer team goes 1-1-1 in first week of season
- Cavs, Dashers beat Tosa East
- Wauwatosa West boys track wins Case Classic Invitational
- Tosa East boys tennis team returns eight letterwinners
- East kickers blanked Pius, 2-0, for first win
- Ashley Lindstrom named Wauwatosa West girls basketball MVP