New Berlin Eisenhower ended the regular season with a 58-29 win over Wauwatosa West at home on Senior Night.
The Lions opened up a 21-3 lead after one quarter and expanded it to 37-5 at intermission. The Trojans played better in the second half, outscoring Ike, 24-21, but it was too little too late.
Nicole Bauman led the way with 16 points, but accounted for several other baskets with some outstanding passes. Andrea Ganzke had an excellent game at point guard and scored 10 points.
Paige Soles led the Trojans with 10 points.
Ganzke, Amy Borkenhagen, Sara Potts, Claire Krzykowski and Anna Hahn all played their final regular-season home game for the Lions.
Ike is now 17-0 in league play and 20-2 overall. The Lions are off until March 11 when they play the winner of the Catholic Memorial/Whitnall game in the regional semi-finals at home. Ike has won 14 of 15 games.
Tosa West is 4-13, 6-16 and they also play on Friday at home against the winner of the Milwaukee Washington/Milwaukee Samuel Morse-Marshall/Juneau winner.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- For Wauwatosa Hurricanes' Danny Larson, it's all about the team
- Wauwatosa West boys basketball team bounces back to beat New Berlin West
- Folley, Miller bring home gold at Woodland Meet as Tosa finishes third
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball team drops five in a row
- Wauwatosa East girls basketball team defeats Menomonee Falls to snap 3-game losing streak
- Big Cheese Classic National Wheelchair Basketball tourney set for Feb. 20-21
- Wauwatosa's Larson wins two swimming championship
- Wauwatosa East boys basketball team drops third straight game
- Five Wauwatosa East student-athletes to play at collegiate level
- Wauwatosa's Beekman to play football at Southern A&M