New Berlin Eisenhower ended the regular season with a 58-29 win over Wauwatosa West at home on Senior Night.
The Lions opened up a 21-3 lead after one quarter and expanded it to 37-5 at intermission. The Trojans played better in the second half, outscoring Ike, 24-21, but it was too little too late.
Nicole Bauman led the way with 16 points, but accounted for several other baskets with some outstanding passes. Andrea Ganzke had an excellent game at point guard and scored 10 points.
Paige Soles led the Trojans with 10 points.
Ganzke, Amy Borkenhagen, Sara Potts, Claire Krzykowski and Anna Hahn all played their final regular-season home game for the Lions.
Ike is now 17-0 in league play and 20-2 overall. The Lions are off until March 11 when they play the winner of the Catholic Memorial/Whitnall game in the regional semi-finals at home. Ike has won 14 of 15 games.
Tosa West is 4-13, 6-16 and they also play on Friday at home against the winner of the Milwaukee Washington/Milwaukee Samuel Morse-Marshall/Juneau winner.
- Baseball: Offense holding back Wauwatosa West baseball team
- SPORTS NOTES JUNE 23
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East baseball wins four conference games
- Former Wauwatosa West star Austin Jones drafted by Chicago Cubs in 26th round
- Lacrosse: Wauwatosa lacrosse has successful season
- New records for Tosa Swim Club
- Baseball: Wauwatosa West baseball team drops four in a row
- Softball: Tosa East's Morgan Schmanski named Team MVP
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East baseball team finishes week with three straight losses
- Sports Notes: June 9