New Berlin Eisenhower ended the regular season with a 58-29 win over Wauwatosa West at home on Senior Night.
The Lions opened up a 21-3 lead after one quarter and expanded it to 37-5 at intermission. The Trojans played better in the second half, outscoring Ike, 24-21, but it was too little too late.
Nicole Bauman led the way with 16 points, but accounted for several other baskets with some outstanding passes. Andrea Ganzke had an excellent game at point guard and scored 10 points.
Paige Soles led the Trojans with 10 points.
Ganzke, Amy Borkenhagen, Sara Potts, Claire Krzykowski and Anna Hahn all played their final regular-season home game for the Lions.
Ike is now 17-0 in league play and 20-2 overall. The Lions are off until March 11 when they play the winner of the Catholic Memorial/Whitnall game in the regional semi-finals at home. Ike has won 14 of 15 games.
Tosa West is 4-13, 6-16 and they also play on Friday at home against the winner of the Milwaukee Washington/Milwaukee Samuel Morse-Marshall/Juneau winner.
- Volleyball: MVC Boys Club team takes third in volleyball nationals
- Wauwatosa Swordfish swim well in two meets
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers battle elements for win
- Baseball: Seven Wauwatosa baseball players earn all-conference honors
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball coach Ashley Imperiale resigns (1)
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Wauwatosa school district files lawsuit against WIAA over conference realignment (3)
- Baseball: Michaelis leads Wauwatosa East past rival West in regional
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers earn overtime win over Muskego
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East's season ends with regional final loss to Waukesha North