Senior guard Tyler Krause scored 20 points and sparked Wauwatosa West to a 70-54 win over James Madison tonight at West in the WIAA Regional quarter-final.
West will now travel to Milwaukee Samuel Morse-Marshall for a 7 p.m. regional semi-final game on Friday night.
Madison took a 10-2 lead to start the game, but then the Trojans went on an 18-0 tear and rolled to a 37-24 half-time lead.
Krause, who nailed four 3-pointers on the night, had 13 points at half-time and Ricky Landers scored 10 of his 15 in the first half also.
Jarvis Ashley scored nine points and Kieviante Love, Alex Chu, Jimmy Bonkowski and Zach Soderburg all played key roles in the win, the eighth victory in West's last 10 games.
See a detailed report online Wednesday afternoon and a full detailed report in the WauwatosaNOW Newspaper on Thursday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sport Shorts: April 23, 2015
- Wauwatosa East girls softball team outslugs Bulldogs
- Younger Wauwatosa West soccer players impressing Bailey
- Wauwatosa East girls soccer team ties with Falls in GMC opener
- Price to lead Wauwatosa West boys tennis team
- Young Homestead boys tennis team still figuring things out
- Tight End Camp set for June 17-18
- Wauwatosa East boys basketball team surprised the critics
- Gardiner returns large, youthful girls track team for Wauwatosa East
- Sport Shorts: April 16, 2015