Senior guard Tyler Krause scored 20 points and sparked Wauwatosa West to a 70-54 win over James Madison tonight at West in the WIAA Regional quarter-final.
West will now travel to Milwaukee Samuel Morse-Marshall for a 7 p.m. regional semi-final game on Friday night.
Madison took a 10-2 lead to start the game, but then the Trojans went on an 18-0 tear and rolled to a 37-24 half-time lead.
Krause, who nailed four 3-pointers on the night, had 13 points at half-time and Ricky Landers scored 10 of his 15 in the first half also.
Jarvis Ashley scored nine points and Kieviante Love, Alex Chu, Jimmy Bonkowski and Zach Soderburg all played key roles in the win, the eighth victory in West's last 10 games.
See a detailed report online Wednesday afternoon and a full detailed report in the WauwatosaNOW Newspaper on Thursday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa East girls basketball team uses big second half to beat Wisconsin Lutheran
- Plenty of positives in Wauwatosa West girls' basketball loss to Kettle Moraine
- Wauwatosa East boys basketball team could battle for GMC title
- Wauwatosa West swimming team has bright future with talented underclassmen on the rise
- MacGillis, Barkow share Wauwatosa West boys volleyball MVP honors
- Wauwatosa West boys basketball team looks for improvement
- Sports Notes: Nov. 26, 2015
- Wauwatosa Hurricanes return three state qualifiers — Danny Larson, Cal Hartt, Avery Weishoff
- Wauwatosa East girls basketball team has plenty of experience returning
- Wauwatosa East's Potter earns two team cross-country awards