Senior guard Tyler Krause scored 20 points and sparked Wauwatosa West to a 70-54 win over James Madison tonight at West in the WIAA Regional quarter-final.
West will now travel to Milwaukee Samuel Morse-Marshall for a 7 p.m. regional semi-final game on Friday night.
Madison took a 10-2 lead to start the game, but then the Trojans went on an 18-0 tear and rolled to a 37-24 half-time lead.
Krause, who nailed four 3-pointers on the night, had 13 points at half-time and Ricky Landers scored 10 of his 15 in the first half also.
Jarvis Ashley scored nine points and Kieviante Love, Alex Chu, Jimmy Bonkowski and Zach Soderburg all played key roles in the win, the eighth victory in West's last 10 games.
See a detailed report online Wednesday afternoon and a full detailed report in the WauwatosaNOW Newspaper on Thursday.
- Wauwatosa school district files lawsuit against WIAA over realignment proposal (3)
- Baseball: Michaelis leads Wauwatosa East past rival West in regional
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers earn overtime win over Muskego
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East's season ends with regional final loss to Waukesha North
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East upsets Menomonee Falls in Greater Metro baseball tournament
- Baseball: Wauwatosa West baseball team drops four of last five games
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East baseball team falls to Marquette in Greater Metro semifinals
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers win first game
- Football: Wauwatosa East's Kelnhofer to play in All-Star Game
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East baseball team finishes Greater Metro regular season at .500