Senior guard Tyler Krause scored 20 points and sparked Wauwatosa West to a 70-54 win over James Madison tonight at West in the WIAA Regional quarter-final.
West will now travel to Milwaukee Samuel Morse-Marshall for a 7 p.m. regional semi-final game on Friday night.
Madison took a 10-2 lead to start the game, but then the Trojans went on an 18-0 tear and rolled to a 37-24 half-time lead.
Krause, who nailed four 3-pointers on the night, had 13 points at half-time and Ricky Landers scored 10 of his 15 in the first half also.
Jarvis Ashley scored nine points and Kieviante Love, Alex Chu, Jimmy Bonkowski and Zach Soderburg all played key roles in the win, the eighth victory in West's last 10 games.
See a detailed report online Wednesday afternoon and a full detailed report in the WauwatosaNOW Newspaper on Thursday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wrestling: Wauwatosa is 2nd after a string of thriller finishes at the Janssen duals
- Boys basketball: Wauwatosa West locks down Greenfield
- Wauwatosa wrestlers lose a toug one to Whitnall/Greendale
- Sports Wraps: Jan. 22
- Girls basketball: Tosa West emerges from league gauntlet with win
- Boys basketball: Tosa East adds rivalry win to growing resume
- Boys basketball: Wauwatosa East grabs quality GMC win over Bulldogs
- Wauwatosa swimmers have successful week
- Wauwatosa West boys basketball loses to first-place Pirates in 2 OTs
- Wauwatosa West's Carroll breaks school scoring record