Wauwatosa senior Jimmy Bonkowski suffered severe bruising in the hip area, but the X-rays were negative after he was injured in last night's West-New Berlin Eisenhower game.
Bonkowski scored late in the third quarter on a driving lay-up, going high in the air and he lost his balance and came down hard. He immediately turned to his side and seemed to be in severe pain.
The game was delayed for 30 minutes as he was treated and then taken to Froedtert to be checked out. The crowd gave him a standing ovation as he was wheeled off the court.
"Jimmy is alright, his X-Rays were negative," West coach Mike Landisch reported Wednesday morning. "He has severe bruising on his hip area and is in a lot of pain."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Denny, Markwardt lead Tosa East past Trojans, 6-2
- Wauwatosa West comes away with two wins in five outings
- Sports Notes: July 2, 2015
- Wauwatosa West outslugs Kettle Moraine in wood bat tourney
- Wauwatosa East loses four more games
- Wauwatosa West splits with Pius on the diamond
- Wauwatosa East's pitching struggles in loss to Lancers
- Schmanski sets Wauwatosa East RBI record
- Wauwatosa West softball players receive all-conference recognition
- 6 Wauwatosa West soccer players earn all-conference recognition