Wauwatosa senior Jimmy Bonkowski suffered severe bruising in the hip area, but the X-rays were negative after he was injured in last night's West-New Berlin Eisenhower game.
Bonkowski scored late in the third quarter on a driving lay-up, going high in the air and he lost his balance and came down hard. He immediately turned to his side and seemed to be in severe pain.
The game was delayed for 30 minutes as he was treated and then taken to Froedtert to be checked out. The crowd gave him a standing ovation as he was wheeled off the court.
"Jimmy is alright, his X-Rays were negative," West coach Mike Landisch reported Wednesday morning. "He has severe bruising on his hip area and is in a lot of pain."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa East baseball team continues to struggle during 2013 season
- Wrestlers from Wauwatosa, Pewaukee successful at Northern Plains tournament
- Wauwatosa West learned how to win close games
- Wauwatosa East names Kostelantez Most Valuable Player
- Reynolds, Campbell named West MVPs
- Wave summer camps begin next week
- Sports Notes: June 11
- Wauwatosa West leads Woodland West
- Wauwatosa East's week ends with four-game loss streak
- Brookfield Central ends Red Raiders' season