Wauwatosa senior Jimmy Bonkowski suffered severe bruising in the hip area, but the X-rays were negative after he was injured in last night's West-New Berlin Eisenhower game.
Bonkowski scored late in the third quarter on a driving lay-up, going high in the air and he lost his balance and came down hard. He immediately turned to his side and seemed to be in severe pain.
The game was delayed for 30 minutes as he was treated and then taken to Froedtert to be checked out. The crowd gave him a standing ovation as he was wheeled off the court.
"Jimmy is alright, his X-Rays were negative," West coach Mike Landisch reported Wednesday morning. "He has severe bruising on his hip area and is in a lot of pain."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- For Wauwatosa Hurricanes' Danny Larson, it's all about the team
- Wauwatosa West boys basketball team bounces back to beat New Berlin West
- Folley, Miller bring home gold at Woodland Meet as Tosa finishes third
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball team drops five in a row
- Wauwatosa East girls basketball team defeats Menomonee Falls to snap 3-game losing streak
- Big Cheese Classic National Wheelchair Basketball tourney set for Feb. 20-21
- Wauwatosa's Larson wins two swimming championship
- Wauwatosa East boys basketball team drops third straight game
- Five Wauwatosa East student-athletes to play at collegiate level
- Wauwatosa's Beekman to play football at Southern A&M