Wauwatosa senior Jimmy Bonkowski suffered severe bruising in the hip area, but the X-rays were negative after he was injured in last night's West-New Berlin Eisenhower game.
Bonkowski scored late in the third quarter on a driving lay-up, going high in the air and he lost his balance and came down hard. He immediately turned to his side and seemed to be in severe pain.
The game was delayed for 30 minutes as he was treated and then taken to Froedtert to be checked out. The crowd gave him a standing ovation as he was wheeled off the court.
"Jimmy is alright, his X-Rays were negative," West coach Mike Landisch reported Wednesday morning. "He has severe bruising on his hip area and is in a lot of pain."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa East girls basketball team uses big second half to beat Wisconsin Lutheran
- Plenty of positives in Wauwatosa West girls' basketball loss to Kettle Moraine
- Wauwatosa East boys basketball team could battle for GMC title
- Wauwatosa West swimming team has bright future with talented underclassmen on the rise
- MacGillis, Barkow share Wauwatosa West boys volleyball MVP honors
- Wauwatosa West boys basketball team looks for improvement
- Sports Notes: Nov. 26, 2015
- Wauwatosa Hurricanes return three state qualifiers — Danny Larson, Cal Hartt, Avery Weishoff
- Wauwatosa East girls basketball team has plenty of experience returning
- Wauwatosa East's Potter earns two team cross-country awards