Wauwatosa East - behind 24 points by Darrell Bowie - held off a scrappy Wauwatosa West squad, 69-56, Saturday night before a packed house at Tosa West.
Bowie led the way for the Red Raiders (7-4), but he had plenty of help from Jackson Orin, who helped East pull away early, finishing with five 3-pointers for 15 points. Former Trojan Anthony Carroll added 14 points, but he struggled from the free throw line, sinking 3-for-13.
West freshman Ricky Landers scored 17 points, grabbed 10 rebounds and blocked five shots. Jarvis Ashley had 12 points and Tyler Krause added 11, as the Trojans fell to 4-7.
Orin scored nine points in the first quarter helping East to an 18-13 advantage and then Bowie scored eight points in the second period for a 36-30 lead at intermission.
Bowie finished strong with 10 points in the final period, as the Raiders had to hold off the Trojans all night.
- Wauwatosa lacrosse team beats eighth-ranked Catholic Memorial
- Boys Track and Field: Wauwatosa West boys finish fourth at Woodland Relays
- Girls Soccer: Wauwatosa West girls soccer team wins Woodland Conference championship
- Girls Soccer: Wauwatosa East soccer team splits two games, loses Lily Brock to injury
- Girls Track and Field: Wauwatosa East girls finish seventh at GMC Outdoor Track and Field Meet
- Boys Track and Field: Wauwatosa East boys fourth at GMC Outdoor Track and Field Meet
- Wauwatosa Sports Notes: May 26, 2016
- Semipro football: Milwaukee County Chargers defeat Bulldogs in exhibition opener, 20-6
- Girls Track and Field: Wauwatosa West girls track team runs away with Woodland Outdoor title
- Wauwatosa's Folley takes first in Greco-Roman Tourney