Wauwatosa East - behind 24 points by Darrell Bowie - held off a scrappy Wauwatosa West squad, 69-56, Saturday night before a packed house at Tosa West.
Bowie led the way for the Red Raiders (7-4), but he had plenty of help from Jackson Orin, who helped East pull away early, finishing with five 3-pointers for 15 points. Former Trojan Anthony Carroll added 14 points, but he struggled from the free throw line, sinking 3-for-13.
West freshman Ricky Landers scored 17 points, grabbed 10 rebounds and blocked five shots. Jarvis Ashley had 12 points and Tyler Krause added 11, as the Trojans fell to 4-7.
Orin scored nine points in the first quarter helping East to an 18-13 advantage and then Bowie scored eight points in the second period for a 36-30 lead at intermission.
Bowie finished strong with 10 points in the final period, as the Raiders had to hold off the Trojans all night.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa West girls win 6 events at Wilson Invite
- Wauwatosa East girls post four wins at Bay triangular
- Wauwatosa wrestlers had an outstanding season
- Coach pleased with first two outings of Wauwatosa East boys track and field team
- Father follows son down the road to Brown Deer hoops success
- Meredith Starnes, Natalie Yahn to lead Wauwatosa East softball team
- Dale excited about Wauwatosa East girls soccer team
- Wauwatosa West girls soccer fundraiser set for March 27
- Wauwatosa West boys 7th at Wisconsin Lutheran Invite
- Wauwatosa West girls finish 7th at Outfitters Invite