Alumni teams from Wauwatosa East won the 63rd annual Recreation Department Alumni Basketball Tournament on Dec. 29 at Wauwatosa West High School.
The Greenwill Division, featuring teams from 1972-1992, saw the 1982 Tosa East alumni beat the 1979-81 Tosa East/West squad, 43-32, in the championship game.
The 1982 East team won its 14th Alumni Tournament Championship. Craig Albee led winners 16 points. Other team members were Quentin Cartier, John Zuba, Mike Reiland, John Campion, Tom Templeman, Michael Prein, David Dewhurst, Dan Murphy and John Washcovick.
The Cartier Division showcased teams from 1997-2010. The 2001-02 Tosa East team defeated the 1997-78 Tosa East team, 49-30, in the championship game. The 2001-02 Red Raiders has won four championships over the past five years.
Leading scorers for winners were Ryan Fitzgerald with 10 points. Other members of the team were Steve Mathie, Tad Balsiger, Steve Jozwik, Andy Freund, Aaron Bielowski, Chris Braier, Peter Gerhardt, Winston Roberts and Ben Juech.
In the semifinals, 1997-98 East beat 1997 West, 66-54; 2001-02 East beat 2008-09 East, 64-61; 1979-81 East/West beat 1985 East, 43-34 and 1982 East beat 1992 West, 50-38.
You may view the tournament brackets and past champions at wauwatosa.k12.wi.us/
For more information, please contact Steve Birney at the Recreation Department (414) 773-2911 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Baseball: Michaelis leads Wauwatosa East past rival West in regional
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers earn overtime win over Muskego
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East's season ends with regional final loss to Waukesha North
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East upsets Menomonee Falls in Greater Metro baseball tournament
- Baseball: Wauwatosa West baseball team drops four of last five games
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East baseball team falls to Marquette in Greater Metro semifinals
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers win first game
- Football: Wauwatosa East's Kelnhofer to play in All-Star Game
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East baseball team finishes Greater Metro regular season at .500
- Softball: Wauwatosa East's Schmanski continues to put her name in softball record books