The Wauwatosa West girls basketball won their second straight game and rolled into the holiday break with a 43-22 win over West Allis Hale.
The non-conference win improved the Trojans to 2-5 overall, West Allis Hale dropped to 0-7.
The Trojans defense was outstanding, holding the Huskies without a basket from 39 seconds in the first quarter until 3:10 in the third period. They outscored Hale 14-2 in the second quarter and 14-4 in the third perid, a 28-6 spread.
Leading 10-7 with 6:55 left in the half, the Trojans went on a 9-0 run with sophomore Latasha Harmon scoring seven of them, her only points of the game.
Paige Soles had a solid offensive performance with 12 points. No one scored more than six points for the Huskies.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa West kickers split four games
- Wauwatosa West football whips Pius XI in wild scoring affair
- Tosa West boys split two matches
- East kickers tie, lose, win during busy week
- Tosa East girls take third at Bay Invitational
- East's Potter finishes second at Nikolai Invite
- Wauwatosa Sports Shorts Oct. 1
- Tosa fourth in GMC golf standings
- Comiskey's hat trick leads Bay soccer team past Tosa East, 5-1
- Bucks set Fanfest for Oct. 3