The Wauwatosa West girls basketball won their second straight game and rolled into the holiday break with a 43-22 win over West Allis Hale.
The non-conference win improved the Trojans to 2-5 overall, West Allis Hale dropped to 0-7.
The Trojans defense was outstanding, holding the Huskies without a basket from 39 seconds in the first quarter until 3:10 in the third period. They outscored Hale 14-2 in the second quarter and 14-4 in the third perid, a 28-6 spread.
Leading 10-7 with 6:55 left in the half, the Trojans went on a 9-0 run with sophomore Latasha Harmon scoring seven of them, her only points of the game.
Paige Soles had a solid offensive performance with 12 points. No one scored more than six points for the Huskies.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa wrestlers had an outstanding season
- Coach pleased with first two outings of Wauwatosa East boys track and field team
- Father follows son down the road to Brown Deer hoops success
- Meredith Starnes, Natalie Yahn to lead Wauwatosa East softball team
- Dale excited about Wauwatosa East girls soccer team
- Wauwatosa West girls soccer fundraiser set for March 27
- Wauwatosa West boys 7th at Wisconsin Lutheran Invite
- Wauwatosa West girls finish 7th at Outfitters Invite
- Wauwatosa East girls post three top-10 finishes at Nelson Daniel invite
- Wauwatosa West boasts young but experienced kickers