The Wauwatosa West girls basketball won their second straight game and rolled into the holiday break with a 43-22 win over West Allis Hale.
The non-conference win improved the Trojans to 2-5 overall, West Allis Hale dropped to 0-7.
The Trojans defense was outstanding, holding the Huskies without a basket from 39 seconds in the first quarter until 3:10 in the third period. They outscored Hale 14-2 in the second quarter and 14-4 in the third perid, a 28-6 spread.
Leading 10-7 with 6:55 left in the half, the Trojans went on a 9-0 run with sophomore Latasha Harmon scoring seven of them, her only points of the game.
Paige Soles had a solid offensive performance with 12 points. No one scored more than six points for the Huskies.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa West's inexperience affects season in close losses
- Six Wauwatosa East baseball players earn GMC honors on some level
- Land O'Lakes game brings back good memories
- Jr. Trojans set baseball tryouts for U9-U14 teams
- Wauwatosa West loses pitchers' duel to Pius in regional semifinal
- Where did the summer go?
- Sports Notes: July 23, 2015
- Pewaukee's fast start ends Wauwatosa East baseball team's season
- Wauwatosa West wins 2 of 3 in Woodland Conference Round Robin
- Wauwatosa West baseball team beats Nicolet in season finale