Wauwatosa East snapped a two-game losing streak against the Brookfield East boys with a 40-34 victory Friday night at Tosa East.
Both teams are now 1-1 in Greater Metro Conference play and 2-2 overll. Darius Barnes led all scorers with 13 points for BE while Darrell Bowie had 10 for the Raiders.
Brook East led 10-6 after the first quarter, but Tosa East took over from there, taking a 20-16 lead into half-time and a 27-24 lead into the final period.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Nine starters returning for Wauwatosa co-op wrestling team
- Wauwatosa co-ed swim team grows in numbers
- Sophomore Celia Ripple named Tosa East's Most Valuable Swimmer
- Plaisted named boys volleyball state player of the year
- Slow start dooms Tosa West boys basketball team in Woodland opener
- Ederesinghe scores 18 in Tosa East boys basketball team's opener
- Larson earns Tosa West's Most Valuable swimmer honors
- Purifoy, Lewis, Veit named Tosa West football MVPs
- Niles named West boys volleyball MVP
- Football: Wauwatosa West last played for state football title in 1982