Brookfield East defeated Wauwatosa East, 51-34, Friday night at East in the girls' Greater Metro Conference opener.
The Spartans improved to 2-3 overall and the Red Raiders fell to 1-2.
Laura Burbach, BE's 6-3 forward, had a big night with 16 points, getting all her points in the first three quarters. The Spartans had seven players score, as Allie Rooney had nine and Zoe Zanella and Megan Kratzer had eight apiece.
The Spartans went up 14-6 in the first quarter as Burbach had six points and Rooney four, but the Raiders cut the lead to 24-17 at half-time, as Yolanda Coleman, who led TE with 12 points, had eight in the first half.
The Spartans put the game away with runs of 8-0 in the third quarter abd 10-0 in the final period.
Cassie Osinski and Emily Jensen each had five points for the Raiders.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wrestling: Wauwatosa is 2nd after a string of thriller finishes at the Janssen duals
- Boys basketball: Wauwatosa West locks down Greenfield
- Wauwatosa wrestlers lose a toug one to Whitnall/Greendale
- Sports Wraps: Jan. 22
- Girls basketball: Tosa West emerges from league gauntlet with win
- Boys basketball: Tosa East adds rivalry win to growing resume
- Boys basketball: Wauwatosa East grabs quality GMC win over Bulldogs
- Wauwatosa swimmers have successful week
- Wauwatosa West boys basketball loses to first-place Pirates in 2 OTs
- Wauwatosa West's Carroll breaks school scoring record