Brookfield East defeated Wauwatosa East, 51-34, Friday night at East in the girls' Greater Metro Conference opener.
The Spartans improved to 2-3 overall and the Red Raiders fell to 1-2.
Laura Burbach, BE's 6-3 forward, had a big night with 16 points, getting all her points in the first three quarters. The Spartans had seven players score, as Allie Rooney had nine and Zoe Zanella and Megan Kratzer had eight apiece.
The Spartans went up 14-6 in the first quarter as Burbach had six points and Rooney four, but the Raiders cut the lead to 24-17 at half-time, as Yolanda Coleman, who led TE with 12 points, had eight in the first half.
The Spartans put the game away with runs of 8-0 in the third quarter abd 10-0 in the final period.
Cassie Osinski and Emily Jensen each had five points for the Raiders.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa West's Purifoy, big plays spark 35-15 win
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Aug. 29
- Wauwatosa East hammers Homestead, 7-1
- Trojan kickers toss shutout in opener
- Wauwatosa West wins four of five at Tosa Invite
- Wauwatosa West, East place sixth, seventh in Early Bird invite
- Ironman Wisconsin set for Sept. 7 in Madison
- Football: Trojans rule the city another year
- The social media story of Wauwatosa West at Wauwatosa East football