Brookfield East defeated Wauwatosa East, 51-34, Friday night at East in the girls' Greater Metro Conference opener.
The Spartans improved to 2-3 overall and the Red Raiders fell to 1-2.
Laura Burbach, BE's 6-3 forward, had a big night with 16 points, getting all her points in the first three quarters. The Spartans had seven players score, as Allie Rooney had nine and Zoe Zanella and Megan Kratzer had eight apiece.
The Spartans went up 14-6 in the first quarter as Burbach had six points and Rooney four, but the Raiders cut the lead to 24-17 at half-time, as Yolanda Coleman, who led TE with 12 points, had eight in the first half.
The Spartans put the game away with runs of 8-0 in the third quarter abd 10-0 in the final period.
Cassie Osinski and Emily Jensen each had five points for the Raiders.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa East boys could surprise in post-season
- Wauwatosa West battles Popes but loses in overtime
- Wauwatosa West senior boys weren't ready to call it a basketball season yet
- Wauwatosa West's Brown hits a 3-pointer to send playoff into 2 overtimes
- Wauwatosa East boys basketball team nips Huskies in overtime
- Sports Notes: March 5
- Larson named Wauwatosa Hurricanes' Most Valuable Athlete
- Wauwatosa East girls see season end in regional semifinal
- Wrestling: Video: Folley gives Wauwatosa program's first wrestling champion
- Girls basketball: Abbey Jones delivers down the stretch for Wauwatosa West girls basketball