Brookfield East defeated Wauwatosa East, 51-34, Friday night at East in the girls' Greater Metro Conference opener.
The Spartans improved to 2-3 overall and the Red Raiders fell to 1-2.
Laura Burbach, BE's 6-3 forward, had a big night with 16 points, getting all her points in the first three quarters. The Spartans had seven players score, as Allie Rooney had nine and Zoe Zanella and Megan Kratzer had eight apiece.
The Spartans went up 14-6 in the first quarter as Burbach had six points and Rooney four, but the Raiders cut the lead to 24-17 at half-time, as Yolanda Coleman, who led TE with 12 points, had eight in the first half.
The Spartans put the game away with runs of 8-0 in the third quarter abd 10-0 in the final period.
Cassie Osinski and Emily Jensen each had five points for the Raiders.
- Sports Shorts: May 5, 2016
- Softball: Wauwatosa East batters come to life against Brown Deer, Brookfield East
- Girls soccer: Wauwatosa East, West girls soccer teams tie in Battle of Tosa
- Wauwatosa East boys track team finishes fourth at Dan Benson Invite
- Boys golf: Wauwatosa golfers win Panther Invite
- Softball: Wauwatosa West softball team holds on to nip Port Washington
- Girls track and field: Wauwatosa East girls track team finishes fourth at Dan Benson Invite
- Girls track and field: Adams leads the way for Wauwatosa West girls at Dan Benson Invite
- Boys track and field: Wauwatosa West boys track and field team finishes fifth at Dan Benson Invite
- Boys Club Volleyball: Travis Hudson earns third straight volleyball National Player of the Year Award