Brookfield East defeated Wauwatosa East, 51-34, Friday night at East in the girls' Greater Metro Conference opener.
The Spartans improved to 2-3 overall and the Red Raiders fell to 1-2.
Laura Burbach, BE's 6-3 forward, had a big night with 16 points, getting all her points in the first three quarters. The Spartans had seven players score, as Allie Rooney had nine and Zoe Zanella and Megan Kratzer had eight apiece.
The Spartans went up 14-6 in the first quarter as Burbach had six points and Rooney four, but the Raiders cut the lead to 24-17 at half-time, as Yolanda Coleman, who led TE with 12 points, had eight in the first half.
The Spartans put the game away with runs of 8-0 in the third quarter abd 10-0 in the final period.
Cassie Osinski and Emily Jensen each had five points for the Raiders.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa wrestlers had an outstanding season
- Coach pleased with first two outings of Wauwatosa East boys track and field team
- Father follows son down the road to Brown Deer hoops success
- Meredith Starnes, Natalie Yahn to lead Wauwatosa East softball team
- Dale excited about Wauwatosa East girls soccer team
- Wauwatosa West girls soccer fundraiser set for March 27
- Wauwatosa West boys 7th at Wisconsin Lutheran Invite
- Wauwatosa West girls finish 7th at Outfitters Invite
- Wauwatosa East girls post three top-10 finishes at Nelson Daniel invite
- Wauwatosa West boasts young but experienced kickers