Brookfield East defeated Wauwatosa East, 51-34, Friday night at East in the girls' Greater Metro Conference opener.
The Spartans improved to 2-3 overall and the Red Raiders fell to 1-2.
Laura Burbach, BE's 6-3 forward, had a big night with 16 points, getting all her points in the first three quarters. The Spartans had seven players score, as Allie Rooney had nine and Zoe Zanella and Megan Kratzer had eight apiece.
The Spartans went up 14-6 in the first quarter as Burbach had six points and Rooney four, but the Raiders cut the lead to 24-17 at half-time, as Yolanda Coleman, who led TE with 12 points, had eight in the first half.
The Spartans put the game away with runs of 8-0 in the third quarter abd 10-0 in the final period.
Cassie Osinski and Emily Jensen each had five points for the Raiders.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa East boys CC team makes amends, heads back to state
- Girls volleyball: Wauwatosa West spikers fall to Nicolet in regional
- Sport Shorts: Oct. 30, 2014 issue
- Girls golf: Wauwatosa girls golf team anticipates more success with three returnees next year
- Girls volleyball: Wauwatosa West girls volleyball coach resigns
- Mystery Photo Contest: Oct. 23
- Football: Poll: Which area team will win a state football title?
- Wauwatosa West football team eliminated from playoff chase
- Wauwatosa East Sports Shorts: Oct. 23, 2014
- Wauwatosa West Sports Shorts: Oct. 23, 2014