Wauwatosa East led Whitefish Bay Dominican, 39-37, after three quarters, but were then outscored 18-4 in the final period to drop their opener, 55-43, in the NY2LA Sports Classic at Marquette Saturday night.
Tosa East actually fell apart with 1:21 left in the third period with a 39-32 advantage. The Knights then outscored the Red Raiders, 21-0, before Diamonte McKinley put in a rebound basket with 45.7 seconds left o play to break the scoring drought.
Jamill Taylor scored seven straight points to open the third period to get the rout started and he finished as the game's top scorer with 16 points, nine coming in the fourth quarter.
Duane Wilson, Jr. scored 15 points and Iman Johnson added 11 for Dominican. Darrell Bowie had 11 and McKinley had 10 for the Red Raiders.
- Wauwatosa lacrosse team beats eighth-ranked Catholic Memorial
- Boys Track and Field: Wauwatosa West boys finish fourth at Woodland Relays
- Girls Soccer: Wauwatosa West girls soccer team wins Woodland Conference championship
- Girls Soccer: Wauwatosa East soccer team splits two games, loses Lily Brock to injury
- Girls Track and Field: Wauwatosa East girls finish seventh at GMC Outdoor Track and Field Meet
- Boys Track and Field: Wauwatosa East boys fourth at GMC Outdoor Track and Field Meet
- Wauwatosa Sports Notes: May 26, 2016
- Semipro football: Milwaukee County Chargers defeat Bulldogs in exhibition opener, 20-6
- Girls Track and Field: Wauwatosa West girls track team runs away with Woodland Outdoor title
- Wauwatosa's Folley takes first in Greco-Roman Tourney