Wauwatosa East led Whitefish Bay Dominican, 39-37, after three quarters, but were then outscored 18-4 in the final period to drop their opener, 55-43, in the NY2LA Sports Classic at Marquette Saturday night.
Tosa East actually fell apart with 1:21 left in the third period with a 39-32 advantage. The Knights then outscored the Red Raiders, 21-0, before Diamonte McKinley put in a rebound basket with 45.7 seconds left o play to break the scoring drought.
Jamill Taylor scored seven straight points to open the third period to get the rout started and he finished as the game's top scorer with 16 points, nine coming in the fourth quarter.
Duane Wilson, Jr. scored 15 points and Iman Johnson added 11 for Dominican. Darrell Bowie had 11 and McKinley had 10 for the Red Raiders.
- Baseball: Offense holding back Wauwatosa West baseball team
- SPORTS NOTES JUNE 23
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East baseball wins four conference games
- Former Wauwatosa West star Austin Jones drafted by Chicago Cubs in 26th round
- Lacrosse: Wauwatosa lacrosse has successful season
- New records for Tosa Swim Club
- Baseball: Wauwatosa West baseball team drops four in a row
- Softball: Tosa East's Morgan Schmanski named Team MVP
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East baseball team finishes week with three straight losses
- Sports Notes: June 9