Wauwatosa East led Whitefish Bay Dominican, 39-37, after three quarters, but were then outscored 18-4 in the final period to drop their opener, 55-43, in the NY2LA Sports Classic at Marquette Saturday night.
Tosa East actually fell apart with 1:21 left in the third period with a 39-32 advantage. The Knights then outscored the Red Raiders, 21-0, before Diamonte McKinley put in a rebound basket with 45.7 seconds left o play to break the scoring drought.
Jamill Taylor scored seven straight points to open the third period to get the rout started and he finished as the game's top scorer with 16 points, nine coming in the fourth quarter.
Duane Wilson, Jr. scored 15 points and Iman Johnson added 11 for Dominican. Darrell Bowie had 11 and McKinley had 10 for the Red Raiders.
- Sports Shorts: May 5, 2016
- Softball: Wauwatosa East batters come to life against Brown Deer, Brookfield East
- Girls soccer: Wauwatosa East, West girls soccer teams tie in Battle of Tosa
- Wauwatosa East boys track team finishes fourth at Dan Benson Invite
- Boys golf: Wauwatosa golfers win Panther Invite
- Softball: Wauwatosa West softball team holds on to nip Port Washington
- Girls track and field: Wauwatosa East girls track team finishes fourth at Dan Benson Invite
- Girls track and field: Adams leads the way for Wauwatosa West girls at Dan Benson Invite
- Boys track and field: Wauwatosa West boys track and field team finishes fifth at Dan Benson Invite
- Boys Club Volleyball: Travis Hudson earns third straight volleyball National Player of the Year Award