Wauwatosa East led Whitefish Bay Dominican, 39-37, after three quarters, but were then outscored 18-4 in the final period to drop their opener, 55-43, in the NY2LA Sports Classic at Marquette Saturday night.
Tosa East actually fell apart with 1:21 left in the third period with a 39-32 advantage. The Knights then outscored the Red Raiders, 21-0, before Diamonte McKinley put in a rebound basket with 45.7 seconds left o play to break the scoring drought.
Jamill Taylor scored seven straight points to open the third period to get the rout started and he finished as the game's top scorer with 16 points, nine coming in the fourth quarter.
Duane Wilson, Jr. scored 15 points and Iman Johnson added 11 for Dominican. Darrell Bowie had 11 and McKinley had 10 for the Red Raiders.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa East baseball team continues to struggle during 2013 season
- Wrestlers from Wauwatosa, Pewaukee successful at Northern Plains tournament
- Wauwatosa West learned how to win close games
- Wauwatosa East names Kostelantez Most Valuable Player
- Reynolds, Campbell named West MVPs
- Wave summer camps begin next week
- Sports Notes: June 11
- Wauwatosa West leads Woodland West
- Wauwatosa East's week ends with four-game loss streak
- Brookfield Central ends Red Raiders' season