Wauwatosa East led Whitefish Bay Dominican, 39-37, after three quarters, but were then outscored 18-4 in the final period to drop their opener, 55-43, in the NY2LA Sports Classic at Marquette Saturday night.
Tosa East actually fell apart with 1:21 left in the third period with a 39-32 advantage. The Knights then outscored the Red Raiders, 21-0, before Diamonte McKinley put in a rebound basket with 45.7 seconds left o play to break the scoring drought.
Jamill Taylor scored seven straight points to open the third period to get the rout started and he finished as the game's top scorer with 16 points, nine coming in the fourth quarter.
Duane Wilson, Jr. scored 15 points and Iman Johnson added 11 for Dominican. Darrell Bowie had 11 and McKinley had 10 for the Red Raiders.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sports Shorts: April 17
- Tosa West kickers beat Falcons, Vikings
- Tosa West girls track and field team dominates in winning Woodland West Division Indoor Championship
- Couri Insurance wins City Basketball Title
- Tosa West girls soccer team goes 1-1-1 in first week of season
- Cavs, Dashers beat Tosa East
- Wauwatosa West boys track wins Case Classic Invitational
- Tosa East boys tennis team returns eight letterwinners
- East kickers blanked Pius, 2-0, for first win
- Ashley Lindstrom named Wauwatosa West girls basketball MVP