Wauwatosa East played Marquette tough, but the talented Hilltoppers won 3-1 in the WIAA State Boys Volleyball semi-finals Saturday afternoon at Wisconsin Lutheran College.
Marquette (39-6) won the first match, 27-25, as the Hilltoppers rallied from a 24-23 deficit. Tosa East won the second match (25-23) in another back-and-forth battle to even the match at 1-1.
Marquette led, 20-19, but East's Max Kilpin killed a shot to tie it and then served three straight points, two on kills by Aaron Uden to take a 23-20 lead.
Peter Hutz of Marquette killed a shot and Michael Schneck aced a serve to cut the lead to 23-22, but Uden and Hutz traded kills to make it 24-23, when Uden killed a shot from the right side for the win.
But Marquette won the third game, 25-21, holding several four-point leads and then rolled over the Red Raiders in the fourth game 25-12.
Connor Barth had 18 kills and Hutz 17 and 10 digs, while Schneck had 42 assists and 16 digs. Kilpin and Uden each had 15 kills, Sam Ingrilli had 33 assists and 11 digs, Zak Sylvester had 5 kills and 8 digs and Ryan Hoffland had 9 digs.
Marquette will play Catholic Memorial for the title at 5:30 p.m.
- Wauwatosa lacrosse team beats eighth-ranked Catholic Memorial
- Boys Track and Field: Wauwatosa West boys finish fourth at Woodland Relays
- Girls Soccer: Wauwatosa West girls soccer team wins Woodland Conference championship
- Girls Soccer: Wauwatosa East soccer team splits two games, loses Lily Brock to injury
- Girls Track and Field: Wauwatosa East girls finish seventh at GMC Outdoor Track and Field Meet
- Boys Track and Field: Wauwatosa East boys fourth at GMC Outdoor Track and Field Meet
- Wauwatosa Sports Notes: May 26, 2016
- Semipro football: Milwaukee County Chargers defeat Bulldogs in exhibition opener, 20-6
- Girls Track and Field: Wauwatosa West girls track team runs away with Woodland Outdoor title
- Wauwatosa's Folley takes first in Greco-Roman Tourney