Wauwatosa East swept
The Red Raiders (33-6) will face arch-rival Marquette (38-6), who advanced by beating
Tosa East beat
Coming off an emotional 5-game win over cross-town rival Tosa West in the sectional championship game, Red Raiders coach John Simon was worried about a possible letdown by his team.
“We talked all week about how it’s a possible trap match,” he said. “We’re playing a team that has nothing to lose. At least on paper it’s a pretty big mismatch and that can be really, really dangerous.
“So all week we’ve been hammering home we needed to be fundamentally sound from start to finish and the better team will win, whoever that is.”
Simon then commented on his team’s play in sweeping the Panthers.
“We were a little sluggish at times,” he said, “but in general we controlled all three games. That’s what we set out to do. So we’re moving on until tomorrow.”
Max Kilpin had 11 kills and Sam Ingrilli had 25 assists. Zak Sylvester had 8 kills, 4 assists and 4 digs; Alex Conway had 11 kills, 7 digs and 2 aces and Aaron Uden had 7 digs and 6 kills.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa wrestlers had an outstanding season
- Coach pleased with first two outings of Wauwatosa East boys track and field team
- Father follows son down the road to Brown Deer hoops success
- Meredith Starnes, Natalie Yahn to lead Wauwatosa East softball team
- Dale excited about Wauwatosa East girls soccer team
- Wauwatosa West girls soccer fundraiser set for March 27
- Wauwatosa West boys 7th at Wisconsin Lutheran Invite
- Wauwatosa West girls finish 7th at Outfitters Invite
- Wauwatosa East girls post three top-10 finishes at Nelson Daniel invite
- Wauwatosa West boasts young but experienced kickers