Wauwatosa East swept
The Red Raiders (33-6) will face arch-rival Marquette (38-6), who advanced by beating
Tosa East beat
Coming off an emotional 5-game win over cross-town rival Tosa West in the sectional championship game, Red Raiders coach John Simon was worried about a possible letdown by his team.
“We talked all week about how it’s a possible trap match,” he said. “We’re playing a team that has nothing to lose. At least on paper it’s a pretty big mismatch and that can be really, really dangerous.
“So all week we’ve been hammering home we needed to be fundamentally sound from start to finish and the better team will win, whoever that is.”
Simon then commented on his team’s play in sweeping the Panthers.
“We were a little sluggish at times,” he said, “but in general we controlled all three games. That’s what we set out to do. So we’re moving on until tomorrow.”
Max Kilpin had 11 kills and Sam Ingrilli had 25 assists. Zak Sylvester had 8 kills, 4 assists and 4 digs; Alex Conway had 11 kills, 7 digs and 2 aces and Aaron Uden had 7 digs and 6 kills.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sports Notes: April 24
- McLin leads talented young Trojans
- Treatment Trail fundraiser is June 14 to 22
- Trojans netters look to compete
- 3 former West volleyball players win national club championship
- Sports Shorts: April 17
- Tosa West kickers beat Falcons, Vikings
- Tosa West girls track and field team dominates in winning Woodland West Division Indoor Championship
- Couri Insurance wins City Basketball Title
- Tosa West girls soccer team goes 1-1-1 in first week of season