Wauwatosa East swept
The Red Raiders (33-6) will face arch-rival Marquette (38-6), who advanced by beating
Tosa East beat
Coming off an emotional 5-game win over cross-town rival Tosa West in the sectional championship game, Red Raiders coach John Simon was worried about a possible letdown by his team.
“We talked all week about how it’s a possible trap match,” he said. “We’re playing a team that has nothing to lose. At least on paper it’s a pretty big mismatch and that can be really, really dangerous.
“So all week we’ve been hammering home we needed to be fundamentally sound from start to finish and the better team will win, whoever that is.”
Simon then commented on his team’s play in sweeping the Panthers.
“We were a little sluggish at times,” he said, “but in general we controlled all three games. That’s what we set out to do. So we’re moving on until tomorrow.”
Max Kilpin had 11 kills and Sam Ingrilli had 25 assists. Zak Sylvester had 8 kills, 4 assists and 4 digs; Alex Conway had 11 kills, 7 digs and 2 aces and Aaron Uden had 7 digs and 6 kills.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Meidl, Michaelis named Wauwatosa East's MVPs
- Elmbrook hockey registration open; Tosa, 4 other communities involved
- Wauwatosa's Plaisted makes USA Volleyball team
- Fort Atkinson offers fall Jr. Blackhawk Baseball League
- Ask Now: Do police officers still give out baseball cards?
- Defense shines in Wauwatosa's first victory
- Mukwonago ends Wauwatosa East's season, 4-1
- Wauwatosa West's Veit ends season on sidelines
- Slow start, stranded runners hurt Tosa West