The battle that Wauwatosa boys volleyball fans have been waiting for takes place at 7 p.m. Thursday night at Whitefish Bay Fieldhouse in the WIAA Sectional Championship match.
Wauwatosa East, currently ranked No. 4 in the state, will face Wauwatosa West, with the winner earning a trip to the state tournament on Nov. 12-13 at Wisconsin Lutheran College.
The No. 1 seeded Red Raiders earned a first-round bye and then beat fourth-seeded Brookfield East (25-21, 25-23, 25-20) Tuesday night at Tosa East.
The No. 3 seeded Trojans beat sixth-seeded Brookfield Central (25-23, 25-20, 21-25, 25-19) last Friday at Tosa West and second-seeded Shorewood (23-25, 25-15, 25-21,17-25, 20-18) Tuesday night at Shorewood in a come-from-behind thriller.
The Red Raiders and Trojans finished second in the Greater Metro Conference and Woodland Conference, respectively, behind Marquette and Shorewood.
The Trojans last went to state in 2006, while the Red Raiders have won the last three sectional championship matches.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa East boys CC team makes amends, heads back to state
- Girls volleyball: Wauwatosa West spikers fall to Nicolet in regional
- Sport Shorts: Oct. 30, 2014 issue
- Girls golf: Wauwatosa girls golf team anticipates more success with three returnees next year
- Girls volleyball: Wauwatosa West girls volleyball coach resigns
- Mystery Photo Contest: Oct. 23
- Football: Poll: Which area team will win a state football title?
- Wauwatosa West football team eliminated from playoff chase
- Wauwatosa East Sports Shorts: Oct. 23, 2014
- Wauwatosa West Sports Shorts: Oct. 23, 2014