Brookfield East and Wauwatosa West advanced to the WIAA Sectional semi-finals with wins Friday night, while Brookfield Central saw its season come to an end.
The fourth-seeded Spartans beat the fifth-seeded Whitefish Bay/Dominican co-op in three games (25-19, 25-22, 25-18) - no individual stats were available. East will now play at Wauwatosa East against the top-seeded Red Raiders on Tuesday night.
The third-seeded Trojans beat sixth-seeded Central, 3-1, in a hard-fought match at West. The Trojans won the first two games (25-23, 25-20), but the Lancers battled back to win the third game (25-21). West then won the fourth game (25-19) to advance to the next round against second-seeded Shorewood, the Woodland Conference champs, on Tuesday night at Shorewood. They finished one game ahead of the Trojans.
Alec Redlich was on fire for the Trojans as he had 24 kills and 9 blocks against Central. Mitch Lahmann had 8 digs and Travis Hudson had 47 assists.
For Central, Steven Dusing had 19 assists and 4 aces while Andrew Dusing had 18 assists. Michael O'Brien had 13 kills, Michael Cayo added 11 digs, Drew Schilz had 9 kills, 4 blocks and 3 aces.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa East's Ripple, West's Larson excel at Early Bird swimming invite
- Wauwatosa East girls cross-country team looking for good things
- Wauwatosa West returnees should help girls cross-country team
- Wauwatosa East tennis team has nine returning players
- Wauwatosa East girls volleyball team looking for big improvement
- Wauwatosa West tennis team wins 3 of 4 at Raider/Trojan Invite
- Wauwatosa West girls volleyball team has holes to fill
- Young Wauwatosa West soccer team will be counting on chemistry
- Wauwatosa girls golf team fourth at first GMC mini-meet
- Potter to lead Wauwatosa East boys cross-country team