Brookfield East and Wauwatosa West advanced to the WIAA Sectional semi-finals with wins Friday night, while Brookfield Central saw its season come to an end.
The fourth-seeded Spartans beat the fifth-seeded Whitefish Bay/Dominican co-op in three games (25-19, 25-22, 25-18) - no individual stats were available. East will now play at Wauwatosa East against the top-seeded Red Raiders on Tuesday night.
The third-seeded Trojans beat sixth-seeded Central, 3-1, in a hard-fought match at West. The Trojans won the first two games (25-23, 25-20), but the Lancers battled back to win the third game (25-21). West then won the fourth game (25-19) to advance to the next round against second-seeded Shorewood, the Woodland Conference champs, on Tuesday night at Shorewood. They finished one game ahead of the Trojans.
Alec Redlich was on fire for the Trojans as he had 24 kills and 9 blocks against Central. Mitch Lahmann had 8 digs and Travis Hudson had 47 assists.
For Central, Steven Dusing had 19 assists and 4 aces while Andrew Dusing had 18 assists. Michael O'Brien had 13 kills, Michael Cayo added 11 digs, Drew Schilz had 9 kills, 4 blocks and 3 aces.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa East boys CC team makes amends, heads back to state
- Girls volleyball: Wauwatosa West spikers fall to Nicolet in regional
- Sport Shorts: Oct. 30, 2014 issue
- Girls golf: Wauwatosa girls golf team anticipates more success with three returnees next year
- Girls volleyball: Wauwatosa West girls volleyball coach resigns
- Mystery Photo Contest: Oct. 23
- Football: Poll: Which area team will win a state football title?
- Wauwatosa West football team eliminated from playoff chase
- Wauwatosa East Sports Shorts: Oct. 23, 2014
- Wauwatosa West Sports Shorts: Oct. 23, 2014