Brookfield East and Wauwatosa West advanced to the WIAA Sectional semi-finals with wins Friday night, while Brookfield Central saw its season come to an end.
The fourth-seeded Spartans beat the fifth-seeded Whitefish Bay/Dominican co-op in three games (25-19, 25-22, 25-18) - no individual stats were available. East will now play at Wauwatosa East against the top-seeded Red Raiders on Tuesday night.
The third-seeded Trojans beat sixth-seeded Central, 3-1, in a hard-fought match at West. The Trojans won the first two games (25-23, 25-20), but the Lancers battled back to win the third game (25-21). West then won the fourth game (25-19) to advance to the next round against second-seeded Shorewood, the Woodland Conference champs, on Tuesday night at Shorewood. They finished one game ahead of the Trojans.
Alec Redlich was on fire for the Trojans as he had 24 kills and 9 blocks against Central. Mitch Lahmann had 8 digs and Travis Hudson had 47 assists.
For Central, Steven Dusing had 19 assists and 4 aces while Andrew Dusing had 18 assists. Michael O'Brien had 13 kills, Michael Cayo added 11 digs, Drew Schilz had 9 kills, 4 blocks and 3 aces.
- Baseball: Offense holding back Wauwatosa West baseball team
- SPORTS NOTES JUNE 23
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East baseball wins four conference games
- Former Wauwatosa West star Austin Jones drafted by Chicago Cubs in 26th round
- Lacrosse: Wauwatosa lacrosse has successful season
- New records for Tosa Swim Club
- Baseball: Wauwatosa West baseball team drops four in a row
- Softball: Tosa East's Morgan Schmanski named Team MVP
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East baseball team finishes week with three straight losses
- Sports Notes: June 9