It just wasn't the Trojans night Tuesday at Germantown according to Wauwatosa West coach Ryan Bailey and as a result they dropped a 1-0 decision to the Warhawks in the WIAA Regional Championship game.
Germantown's outstanding junior midfielder Brad Bane got into a 1-on-1 situation to the left of goalkeeper Kyle Heideman, beat his man and then kicked the ball by Heideman, who was forced to come out of the net to cut down the angle. The goal came at the 51:26 mark and it was the game's only score.
"I'm proud of these guys," Bailey said. "I've been with these seniors for four years - their first year as freshman I was the JV coach and we were on the JV together. We've gotten everything we possibly could out of them."
Third-seeded Germantown will face second-seeded Brookfield Central next Thursday at Central.
- Wauwatosa Sports Notes: Players sign with colleges, baseball fundraiser, more
- Girls Track and Field: Wauwatosa West sprinters stand out at Kansas Relays
- Boys Track and field: Wauwatosa West' Hannah-Howell, Jefferson shine at Sun Prairie Track Meet
- Boys Tennis: Wauwatosa West tennis team wins three of four at Raider/Trojan Invite
- Boys Golf: Wauwatosa golfers finish fifth at first GMC mini meet
- Girls Soccer: Wauwatosa East kickers go 2-1 at Mt. Prospect Invitational, lose to DSHA, beat Homestead
- Girls soccer: Wauwatosa West soccer team tied for first in Woodland with 4-0 record
- Football: Matt Kender is Wauwatosa East's new football coach
- Sports Shorts: April 21, 2016
- Girls track and field: Wauwatosa East girls track team has two productive meets