It just wasn't the Trojans night Tuesday at Germantown according to Wauwatosa West coach Ryan Bailey and as a result they dropped a 1-0 decision to the Warhawks in the WIAA Regional Championship game.
Germantown's outstanding junior midfielder Brad Bane got into a 1-on-1 situation to the left of goalkeeper Kyle Heideman, beat his man and then kicked the ball by Heideman, who was forced to come out of the net to cut down the angle. The goal came at the 51:26 mark and it was the game's only score.
"I'm proud of these guys," Bailey said. "I've been with these seniors for four years - their first year as freshman I was the JV coach and we were on the JV together. We've gotten everything we possibly could out of them."
Third-seeded Germantown will face second-seeded Brookfield Central next Thursday at Central.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Two doubles teams win twice at state
- Football: Tosa East falls to Hamilton in finale
- Football: Greenfield secures playoff spot, edges Tosa West
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Week 9
- Wauwatosa West girls second in Arrowhead Invite
- Wauwatosa East Sports Wrapups: Oct. 16, 2014
- Sports Notes: Oct. 16
- Sport Shorts: Oct. 16, 2014 issue
- Wauwatosa East soccer team ends season with winless week
- Wauwatosa East volleyball team has tough week