It just wasn't the Trojans night Tuesday at Germantown according to Wauwatosa West coach Ryan Bailey and as a result they dropped a 1-0 decision to the Warhawks in the WIAA Regional Championship game.
Germantown's outstanding junior midfielder Brad Bane got into a 1-on-1 situation to the left of goalkeeper Kyle Heideman, beat his man and then kicked the ball by Heideman, who was forced to come out of the net to cut down the angle. The goal came at the 51:26 mark and it was the game's only score.
"I'm proud of these guys," Bailey said. "I've been with these seniors for four years - their first year as freshman I was the JV coach and we were on the JV together. We've gotten everything we possibly could out of them."
Third-seeded Germantown will face second-seeded Brookfield Central next Thursday at Central.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sports Notes: April 24
- McLin leads talented young Trojans
- Treatment Trail fundraiser is June 14 to 22
- Trojans netters look to compete
- 3 former West volleyball players win national club championship
- Sports Shorts: April 17
- Tosa West kickers beat Falcons, Vikings
- Tosa West girls track and field team dominates in winning Woodland West Division Indoor Championship
- Couri Insurance wins City Basketball Title
- Tosa West girls soccer team goes 1-1-1 in first week of season