It just wasn't the Trojans night Tuesday at Germantown according to Wauwatosa West coach Ryan Bailey and as a result they dropped a 1-0 decision to the Warhawks in the WIAA Regional Championship game.
Germantown's outstanding junior midfielder Brad Bane got into a 1-on-1 situation to the left of goalkeeper Kyle Heideman, beat his man and then kicked the ball by Heideman, who was forced to come out of the net to cut down the angle. The goal came at the 51:26 mark and it was the game's only score.
"I'm proud of these guys," Bailey said. "I've been with these seniors for four years - their first year as freshman I was the JV coach and we were on the JV together. We've gotten everything we possibly could out of them."
Third-seeded Germantown will face second-seeded Brookfield Central next Thursday at Central.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- CNI wnt_GOLF13_1002_S.jpg
- Greendale turns to run to beat Wauwatosa West Trojans
- Wauwatosa East's offense has best outing of year
- Wauwatosa West tennis team wins second straight Woodland title
- Wauwatosa West swimmers finish fourth at Woodland
- Wauwatosa East kickers have perfect week
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 26
- Wauwatosa West football team runs to 31-10 win over Eisenhower
- Wauwatosa East girls cross country team second at Angel Invite
- Wauwatosa West netters win third division title in 4 years