It just wasn't the Trojans night Tuesday at Germantown according to Wauwatosa West coach Ryan Bailey and as a result they dropped a 1-0 decision to the Warhawks in the WIAA Regional Championship game.
Germantown's outstanding junior midfielder Brad Bane got into a 1-on-1 situation to the left of goalkeeper Kyle Heideman, beat his man and then kicked the ball by Heideman, who was forced to come out of the net to cut down the angle. The goal came at the 51:26 mark and it was the game's only score.
"I'm proud of these guys," Bailey said. "I've been with these seniors for four years - their first year as freshman I was the JV coach and we were on the JV together. We've gotten everything we possibly could out of them."
Third-seeded Germantown will face second-seeded Brookfield Central next Thursday at Central.
- Wauwatosa school district files lawsuit against WIAA over realignment proposal (3)
- Baseball: Michaelis leads Wauwatosa East past rival West in regional
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers earn overtime win over Muskego
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East's season ends with regional final loss to Waukesha North
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East upsets Menomonee Falls in Greater Metro baseball tournament
- Baseball: Wauwatosa West baseball team drops four of last five games
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East baseball team falls to Marquette in Greater Metro semifinals
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers win first game
- Football: Wauwatosa East's Kelnhofer to play in All-Star Game
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East baseball team finishes Greater Metro regular season at .500