It just wasn't the Trojans night Tuesday at Germantown according to Wauwatosa West coach Ryan Bailey and as a result they dropped a 1-0 decision to the Warhawks in the WIAA Regional Championship game.
Germantown's outstanding junior midfielder Brad Bane got into a 1-on-1 situation to the left of goalkeeper Kyle Heideman, beat his man and then kicked the ball by Heideman, who was forced to come out of the net to cut down the angle. The goal came at the 51:26 mark and it was the game's only score.
"I'm proud of these guys," Bailey said. "I've been with these seniors for four years - their first year as freshman I was the JV coach and we were on the JV together. We've gotten everything we possibly could out of them."
Third-seeded Germantown will face second-seeded Brookfield Central next Thursday at Central.
- Wauwatosa lacrosse team beats eighth-ranked Catholic Memorial
- Boys Track and Field: Wauwatosa West boys finish fourth at Woodland Relays
- Girls Soccer: Wauwatosa West girls soccer team wins Woodland Conference championship
- Girls Soccer: Wauwatosa East soccer team splits two games, loses Lily Brock to injury
- Girls Track and Field: Wauwatosa East girls finish seventh at GMC Outdoor Track and Field Meet
- Boys Track and Field: Wauwatosa East boys fourth at GMC Outdoor Track and Field Meet
- Wauwatosa Sports Notes: May 26, 2016
- Semipro football: Milwaukee County Chargers defeat Bulldogs in exhibition opener, 20-6
- Girls Track and Field: Wauwatosa West girls track team runs away with Woodland Outdoor title
- Wauwatosa's Folley takes first in Greco-Roman Tourney