Beaver Dam proved to be poor hosts and won its own invitational Saturday, but Wauwatosa East finished a solid second.
The Red Raiders scored 61 points, 21 behind the host Diamondbacks as all of the top-five runners for Tosa East finished in the top 19.
Two freshmen led the way: Katie Salmon was fifth, running in 16 minutes, 20 seconds, and Gabi Caron-Schule was 11th (16:43).
Sophomore Jordy Schmidt was 12th (16:52), senior Karen Koeble, 14th (16:55) and junior Emma Watson, 19th (17:12).
"The girls rose to the occasion and ran competitively on Saturday," Tosa East coach Sue Shorts said. "Katie chased after the leaders from the beginning to set the tone for the rest of the team.
"All of the girls ran toward the front of the competition and five girls earned medals - Katie, Gabi, Jordy, Karen and Emma."
The Raiders' two other participants finished in the top 25: senior Jane Petr was 20th (17:13) and junior Andrea Schaefer took 24th (17:32).
"We were missing Nicole Kashian, who has been our number one runner all year, but the rest of the team pushed harder to make up for her not being there and filled the gap nicely."
The JV team won its second meet in a row, with Sammie Osinski winning her second JV meet in a row.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wrestling: Wauwatosa is 2nd after a string of thriller finishes at the Janssen duals
- Boys basketball: Wauwatosa West locks down Greenfield
- Wauwatosa wrestlers lose a toug one to Whitnall/Greendale
- Sports Wraps: Jan. 22
- Girls basketball: Tosa West emerges from league gauntlet with win
- Boys basketball: Tosa East adds rivalry win to growing resume
- Boys basketball: Wauwatosa East grabs quality GMC win over Bulldogs
- Wauwatosa swimmers have successful week
- Wauwatosa West boys basketball loses to first-place Pirates in 2 OTs
- Wauwatosa West's Carroll breaks school scoring record