Beaver Dam proved to be poor hosts and won its own invitational Saturday, but Wauwatosa East finished a solid second.
The Red Raiders scored 61 points, 21 behind the host Diamondbacks as all of the top-five runners for Tosa East finished in the top 19.
Two freshmen led the way: Katie Salmon was fifth, running in 16 minutes, 20 seconds, and Gabi Caron-Schule was 11th (16:43).
Sophomore Jordy Schmidt was 12th (16:52), senior Karen Koeble, 14th (16:55) and junior Emma Watson, 19th (17:12).
"The girls rose to the occasion and ran competitively on Saturday," Tosa East coach Sue Shorts said. "Katie chased after the leaders from the beginning to set the tone for the rest of the team.
"All of the girls ran toward the front of the competition and five girls earned medals - Katie, Gabi, Jordy, Karen and Emma."
The Raiders' two other participants finished in the top 25: senior Jane Petr was 20th (17:13) and junior Andrea Schaefer took 24th (17:32).
"We were missing Nicole Kashian, who has been our number one runner all year, but the rest of the team pushed harder to make up for her not being there and filled the gap nicely."
The JV team won its second meet in a row, with Sammie Osinski winning her second JV meet in a row.
- Baseball: Offense holding back Wauwatosa West baseball team
- SPORTS NOTES JUNE 23
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East baseball wins four conference games
- Former Wauwatosa West star Austin Jones drafted by Chicago Cubs in 26th round
- Lacrosse: Wauwatosa lacrosse has successful season
- New records for Tosa Swim Club
- Baseball: Wauwatosa West baseball team drops four in a row
- Softball: Tosa East's Morgan Schmanski named Team MVP
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East baseball team finishes week with three straight losses
- Sports Notes: June 9