Clearing up some confusion, officials at the host school Brookfield Central stated Friday that the WIAA girls golf sectional at Wanaki Golf Course in Menomonee Falls will be played on Tuesday, Oct. 5 at 9 a.m.and not Thursday, Oct. 7 as previously reported.
The meet, which includes the Whitefish Bay/Shorewood team as well as individual qualifier Amy Hurwitz of Nicolet, will send the top two teams and first three individuals not on those teams to the WIAA State Tournament at University Ridge in Verona, Oct. 11 and 12. Other area competitors include the Brookfield East and Central teams as well as Wauwatosa's Carly Herald.
DSHA won the regional qualifying meet last Thursday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Nine starters returning for Wauwatosa co-op wrestling team
- Wauwatosa co-ed swim team grows in numbers
- Sophomore Celia Ripple named Tosa East's Most Valuable Swimmer
- Plaisted named boys volleyball state player of the year
- Slow start dooms Tosa West boys basketball team in Woodland opener
- Ederesinghe scores 18 in Tosa East boys basketball team's opener
- Larson earns Tosa West's Most Valuable swimmer honors
- Purifoy, Lewis, Veit named Tosa West football MVPs
- Niles named West boys volleyball MVP
- Football: Wauwatosa West last played for state football title in 1982