In the battle of Tosa - soccer-style - Wauwatosa West blanked Wauwatosa East, 3-0, Saturday night at Hart Park.
Sophomore midfielder Joshua Fobair scored at the 7:22 mark for a 1-0 lead and that was all the scoring the Trojans would need, as goalkeepers Zachary Soderberg and Kyle Heideman and the defense shut down the Red Raiders' offense.
Leading 1-0 at intermission, the Trojans scored quickly on a goal by senior forward Nico Zabala, who got the Trojans on the board at 42:29 with a rebound shot off a defender, which he then battled for and knocked past freshman goalkeeper Kyle Mabie.
Senior forward Andrae Randle-Virgil Zabala then scored at the 54:31 mark, as he raced down the left sideline, beat his defender inside and kicked the ball into the right side of the goal for a 3-0 lead.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Girls basketball: Whitefish Bay girls win regional title for injured Jonas, 31-27
- Girls basketball: Tosa East falls short against Wisco
- Girls basketball: Wauwatosa West upsets Shorewood
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball whips Milwaukee Madison
- West advances with 75-4 win over James Madison
- Bad fourth quarter ends Wauwatosa West boys basketball team's season
- Jr. Raiders set registration dates
- Castaneda earns medal at state wrestling
- Boys basketball: Whitefish Bay finds its tempo, downs Tosa East
- Boys basketball: Messmer rallies to beat Tosa West