In the battle of Tosa - soccer-style - Wauwatosa West blanked Wauwatosa East, 3-0, Saturday night at Hart Park.
Sophomore midfielder Joshua Fobair scored at the 7:22 mark for a 1-0 lead and that was all the scoring the Trojans would need, as goalkeepers Zachary Soderberg and Kyle Heideman and the defense shut down the Red Raiders' offense.
Leading 1-0 at intermission, the Trojans scored quickly on a goal by senior forward Nico Zabala, who got the Trojans on the board at 42:29 with a rebound shot off a defender, which he then battled for and knocked past freshman goalkeeper Kyle Mabie.
Senior forward Andrae Randle-Virgil Zabala then scored at the 54:31 mark, as he raced down the left sideline, beat his defender inside and kicked the ball into the right side of the goal for a 3-0 lead.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mystery Photo Contest: Oct. 23
- Football: Poll: Which area team will win a state football title?
- Wauwatosa West football team eliminated from playoff chase
- Wauwatosa East Sports Shorts: Oct. 23, 2014
- Wauwatosa West Sports Shorts: Oct. 23, 2014
- Wauwatosa West kickers lose in 2 OTs
- Wauwatosa West boys finish week 2-1
- Wauwatosa East's Potter wins GMC Championship
- Two doubles teams win twice at state
- Football: Wauwatosa East falls to Hamilton in finale