Both Wauwatosa East and Wauwatosa West dropped their season openers Friday night at home.
The Trojans lost, 29-16, to Milwaukee Hamilton of the City Conference at West, while Tosa East got crushed by Cudahy, 34-7, at Hart Park.
Tosa West was trailing 15-0 when the Trojans scored twice on a 5-yard TD catch by Mickey Morgan from QB Colin Dettlaff and then the defense added two points on a safety by Troy Festge to go into half-time trailing only 15-9.
But the Wildcats scored twice for a 29-9 lead, before Tosa West closed out the scoring with a two-yard run by Josh Stoeckman.
Bobby Cieplewski had a big day with 3 TD passes and a 4-yard run to lead Hamilton. Morgan had 2 catches for 48 yards and Oliver Jones had 6 catches for 50 while Amari Rushing had 41 yards rushing in 9 carries for the Trojans.
The Red Raiders struggled in coach Jake Wolter's debut, falling behind 34-0 to Cudahy before Jumaane Brady got Tosa East on the board with 5:50 left to play on a 5-yard run. Brady rushed for 59 yards in 12 carries and Vince Cupertino had three catches for 72 yards.
The Packers led 14-0 at half and 27-0 after three periods.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Imperiale likes Wauwatosa West girls basketball team's balance
- Wauwatosa West swimmers announce team awards
- Wauwatosa West girls had an 'accomplished' year
- Wauwatosa East swimmers honor Ripple, Peura, Tuffnell
- Hamill excited about Wauwatosa East's experience
- Kelnhofer earns All-GMC honors, Team MVP
- Meylor named Wauwatosa West's MVP for tennis
- Boys volleyball: Early momentum doesn't stay with Tosa East
- All you need to know about the state volleyball tournament