Artwork pieces created by two Wauwatosa School District students were chosen as Best in Show for the 2012 Young People's Art Exhibit.
Erin Schaut, Whitman Middle School, won Best of Show in the junior division; while Aaron Czarnecki, Wauwatosa East High School, took top honors for the senior division. Each student received $250.
The pieces will be on display during the Wisconsin State Fair in August.
Other district students will also have their work exhibited.
Also picked for top honors were East High School students Brad Lembrich, who won the Artist and Display Award for best drawing in the senior division for his charcoal self-portrait; and Michael Leffler, who received the Special Needs Artwork Award for his digital imagery piece.
The following students received cash awards in the senior division: from East High School, Ryan Blaney and Madeline Ferguson (photo) and Amanda Cummings and Colleen Heck (2D mixed media); West High School, Kevin Frens (digital photo), Nasra Mohamed and Erin Ritenour (mixed media), and Shannon Wilson (digital mixed media).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa students hit same average ACT score as last year
- Wauwatosa health department addresses residents' 'excessive' drinking
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest; Aug. 21
- News and Notes: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- Construction underway on Hart Park Pavilion
- Wauwatosa pastor defends political speech in federal court case
- Band Blast Off gives beginner musicians a boost
- Terminated Wauwatosa firefighters still fighting for disability benefits
- Ask Now: What's happening with three businesses on North Avenue?
- Wauwatosa columnist Peggy Dean, in her own words