Artwork pieces created by two Wauwatosa School District students were chosen as Best in Show for the 2012 Young People's Art Exhibit.
Erin Schaut, Whitman Middle School, won Best of Show in the junior division; while Aaron Czarnecki, Wauwatosa East High School, took top honors for the senior division. Each student received $250.
The pieces will be on display during the Wisconsin State Fair in August.
Other district students will also have their work exhibited.
Also picked for top honors were East High School students Brad Lembrich, who won the Artist and Display Award for best drawing in the senior division for his charcoal self-portrait; and Michael Leffler, who received the Special Needs Artwork Award for his digital imagery piece.
The following students received cash awards in the senior division: from East High School, Ryan Blaney and Madeline Ferguson (photo) and Amanda Cummings and Colleen Heck (2D mixed media); West High School, Kevin Frens (digital photo), Nasra Mohamed and Erin Ritenour (mixed media), and Shannon Wilson (digital mixed media).
- Social media story on the storms rolling through Milwaukee area
- Swipe cards are firm's expertise
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: July 21
- Wauwatosa residents reminded to use caution in construction zones (1)
- Wauwatosa mayor shuts down rumors of picketers affecting Village work
- Go Pro Video: Wauwatosa Full Moon Bike Rides promise moon gazing, cold drinks, camaraderie
- Inaugural 'Q and Brew' event raises money for Center Street Park (1)
- Business Spotlight: Cranky Al's has grown from desperation to a Wauwatosa institution (4)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: July21
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Lecture at library to address existentialism and anxiety