A business that would offer yoga sessions and an Indian form of medicine called Ayurveda plans to move into the building that will also become the new home to Indian Groceries & Spices.
Wauwatosa resident Mary Bruck wants to open Yoga & Ayurveda Corner at 10701 W. North Ave., to help people maintain and improve their health through techniques such as relaxation, diet, color and gem therapy, she said.
"It's a holistic healing system," Bruck said.
The proposed hours are 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily.
The Plan Commission and Community Development Committee supported the use, and it is scheduled to go to the full Common Council for final approval Tuesday.
Neil Sanghavi one of the owner of building and the grocery said plans to renovate and modernize the office building's exterior received the city Design Review Board's approval a few weeks ago. Construction is expected to start soon, he said.
"I remember your plans and it was a great improvement," said Mayor Jill Didier, Plan Commission chairwoman.
WHAT: A request to operate a yoga studio and health maintenance business at 10701 W. North Ave.
WHEN: 7:30 p.m. Tuesday
WHERE: City Hall, 7725 W. North Ave.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- J. Crew Mercantile to open store at The Mayfair Collection (1)
- Art gallery featuring work of at-risk youth opens in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 3
- Wednesday house fire causes $100,000 in damage to Tosa home
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 30
- In Brief: July 30
- Streetscape project moves to Tosa's Common Council (2)
- Wauwatosa woman believed to be oldest in state
- A Wauwatosa artist's unique work will be on display at the Firefly Art Fair
- First Responders Fest "humbling" for Wauwatosa's emergency crew leaders