A business that would offer yoga sessions and an Indian form of medicine called Ayurveda plans to move into the building that will also become the new home to Indian Groceries & Spices.
Wauwatosa resident Mary Bruck wants to open Yoga & Ayurveda Corner at 10701 W. North Ave., to help people maintain and improve their health through techniques such as relaxation, diet, color and gem therapy, she said.
"It's a holistic healing system," Bruck said.
The proposed hours are 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily.
The Plan Commission and Community Development Committee supported the use, and it is scheduled to go to the full Common Council for final approval Tuesday.
Neil Sanghavi one of the owner of building and the grocery said plans to renovate and modernize the office building's exterior received the city Design Review Board's approval a few weeks ago. Construction is expected to start soon, he said.
"I remember your plans and it was a great improvement," said Mayor Jill Didier, Plan Commission chairwoman.
WHAT: A request to operate a yoga studio and health maintenance business at 10701 W. North Ave.
WHEN: 7:30 p.m. Tuesday
WHERE: City Hall, 7725 W. North Ave.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority
- Police Report: April 16
- New electrical substation approved for Wauwatosa medical district
- McBride retains Common Council presidency
- Arté Wine and Painting Studio expands
- News & Notes: April 16
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?