A business that would offer yoga sessions and an Indian form of medicine called Ayurveda plans to move into the building that will also become the new home to Indian Groceries & Spices.
Wauwatosa resident Mary Bruck wants to open Yoga & Ayurveda Corner at 10701 W. North Ave., to help people maintain and improve their health through techniques such as relaxation, diet, color and gem therapy, she said.
"It's a holistic healing system," Bruck said.
The proposed hours are 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily.
The Plan Commission and Community Development Committee supported the use, and it is scheduled to go to the full Common Council for final approval Tuesday.
Neil Sanghavi one of the owner of building and the grocery said plans to renovate and modernize the office building's exterior received the city Design Review Board's approval a few weeks ago. Construction is expected to start soon, he said.
"I remember your plans and it was a great improvement," said Mayor Jill Didier, Plan Commission chairwoman.
WHAT: A request to operate a yoga studio and health maintenance business at 10701 W. North Ave.
WHEN: 7:30 p.m. Tuesday
WHERE: City Hall, 7725 W. North Ave.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police concealing more information due to federal court ruling
- Summer sizzle brings plenty of entertainment to Wauwatosa
- City needs to fund senior center if it has hopes of a future
- Eschweiler preservation saga not over yet in Wauwatosa
- Roosevelt Elementary students place in dance competition
- Police Report: May 23
- Fire department offers lessons on car seat safety
- $100 million in sewer costs loom over Wauwatosa
- Safe Routes to School in Wauwatosa continues to spread word