Construction will begin next week on a temporary exit ramp to Wisconsin Avenue off northbound Highway 45 to help alleviate traffic congestion during the Zoo Interchange reconstruction project.
The highway southbound entrance ramp at Wisconsin Avenue will close overnight from 10 p.m. Aug. 13 to 5:30 a.m. Aug. 14. Lane restrictions on Wisconsin Avenue between 98th and 95th streets will begin the week of August 20 through early fall.
The state Department of Transportation project includes constructing the ramp, adjustments to turn lanes on Wisconsin Avenue between the highway and 92nd Street, building a temporary cul-de-sac on 95th Street, installing a temporary traffic light at 97th Street and Bluemound Road, and lengthening the left-turn lane on Bluemound at 97th Street.
The cul-du-sac will be located where 95th Street intersects with Wisconsin Avenue and will be closed to through traffic in late September. It will remain in place until the completion of the Wisconsin Avenue and Bluemound Road interchanges, likely reopening 95th Street to through traffic in 2016 or 2017.
- Tosa police investigating armed robbery at North Shore Bank Wednesday
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Perspective Design specializes in being a generalist
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 19 - 25
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Get set for Dozer Day in the Village, July 9
- Wauwatosa Meetings: June 30
- Wauwatosa Village businesses remain upbeat amid ongoing reconstruction
- East Tosa Gran Prix draws racers from across the continent
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: June 30
- Mystery Photo Contest: June 30
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of July 4