Construction will begin next week on a temporary exit ramp to Wisconsin Avenue off northbound Highway 45 to help alleviate traffic congestion during the Zoo Interchange reconstruction project.
The highway southbound entrance ramp at Wisconsin Avenue will close overnight from 10 p.m. Aug. 13 to 5:30 a.m. Aug. 14. Lane restrictions on Wisconsin Avenue between 98th and 95th streets will begin the week of August 20 through early fall.
The state Department of Transportation project includes constructing the ramp, adjustments to turn lanes on Wisconsin Avenue between the highway and 92nd Street, building a temporary cul-de-sac on 95th Street, installing a temporary traffic light at 97th Street and Bluemound Road, and lengthening the left-turn lane on Bluemound at 97th Street.
The cul-du-sac will be located where 95th Street intersects with Wisconsin Avenue and will be closed to through traffic in late September. It will remain in place until the completion of the Wisconsin Avenue and Bluemound Road interchanges, likely reopening 95th Street to through traffic in 2016 or 2017.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Our Schools: May 20
- Ask NOW: Is Currie Dog Park expanding?
- Business Notes: May 16
- Rios appointed to take open Tosa School Board seat
- Wauwatosa preservation panel approves plan for Eschweiler buildings
- Village of Wauwatosa starts work on new signage system
- ANEW offers seniors in need of care options
- Developer drops controversial Village project in Wauwatosa
- Baseball diamond project gets Wauwatosa panel's approval
- News & Notes: May 16