Construction will begin next week on a temporary exit ramp to Wisconsin Avenue off northbound Highway 45 to help alleviate traffic congestion during the Zoo Interchange reconstruction project.
The highway southbound entrance ramp at Wisconsin Avenue will close overnight from 10 p.m. Aug. 13 to 5:30 a.m. Aug. 14. Lane restrictions on Wisconsin Avenue between 98th and 95th streets will begin the week of August 20 through early fall.
The state Department of Transportation project includes constructing the ramp, adjustments to turn lanes on Wisconsin Avenue between the highway and 92nd Street, building a temporary cul-de-sac on 95th Street, installing a temporary traffic light at 97th Street and Bluemound Road, and lengthening the left-turn lane on Bluemound at 97th Street.
The cul-du-sac will be located where 95th Street intersects with Wisconsin Avenue and will be closed to through traffic in late September. It will remain in place until the completion of the Wisconsin Avenue and Bluemound Road interchanges, likely reopening 95th Street to through traffic in 2016 or 2017.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late-falling leaves a headache for Wauwatosa
- Birschel says he will not run for re-election
- Police: Man slumped over in broken car arrested for OWI
- Ask NOW: What is the purpose of Discovery Parkway?
- Scam perpetrators use identity of local company
- This Week in Tosa History: Dec. 5
- Property tax bills hit mailboxes next week
- Skate park fundraising reaches $240,000
- More than 1,000 go blue for Sebena
- New Swan Blvd. soon to open as Mayfair work ends north of I-94