Construction will begin next week on a temporary exit ramp to Wisconsin Avenue off northbound Highway 45 to help alleviate traffic congestion during the Zoo Interchange reconstruction project.
The highway southbound entrance ramp at Wisconsin Avenue will close overnight from 10 p.m. Aug. 13 to 5:30 a.m. Aug. 14. Lane restrictions on Wisconsin Avenue between 98th and 95th streets will begin the week of August 20 through early fall.
The state Department of Transportation project includes constructing the ramp, adjustments to turn lanes on Wisconsin Avenue between the highway and 92nd Street, building a temporary cul-de-sac on 95th Street, installing a temporary traffic light at 97th Street and Bluemound Road, and lengthening the left-turn lane on Bluemound at 97th Street.
The cul-du-sac will be located where 95th Street intersects with Wisconsin Avenue and will be closed to through traffic in late September. It will remain in place until the completion of the Wisconsin Avenue and Bluemound Road interchanges, likely reopening 95th Street to through traffic in 2016 or 2017.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Leff's Lucky Town in Wauwatosa considers kitchen expansion (1)
- Walker plans to file for president today
- Driver ejected from car after hitting tree in Wauwatosa (3)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 2
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is the status of the closed Tosa Gas at 84th and North?
- Monarch habitat on the mend in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 21-27 (1)
- Wauwatosa native reflects on time in Afghanistan, Sudan
- Residents who live and work in Wauwatosa will be set back during the bus strike
- Wauwatosa detective home from hospital after shooting