Two women - one armed with a knife, the other with a bat - fought in the front yard of a Wauwatosa home Sunday.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Two Milwaukee women, ages 21 and 26, showed up at a home in the 2300 block of 95th Street at 4 p.m. Sunday looking for a 22-year-old woman who lives in the home. While the mother tried to get them to leave, the Wauwatosa woman armed herself with a kitchen knife and headed into the yard.
She confronted the visitors - who had come to fight after an exchange of heated texts about a man - and told them to leave. The older woman grabbed an aluminum baseball bat from her vehicle and handed it to her friend. The friend struck the Wauwatosa woman in the head.
In response, the Wauwatosa woman lunged with the knife, cutting the 21-year-old woman's shirt and leaving marks on her chest.
As they left, the women smashed one of the home's windows with the bat and grabbed the knife. The weapons were recovered when police stopped their vehicle in 4000 block of North 76th Street.
The 21-year-old woman was arrested for her fifth battery offense while the 26-year-old woman was arrested for disorderly conduct.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Motorcyclist dies after collision on North Avenue in East Tosa
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: Oct. 2
- Hue serving first dinner in Tosa tonight
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Oct. 2
- Business Spotlight: Salamander changed shape, until it took on women's clothing
- Wauwatosa Police Reports: Sept. 25
- Voter ID requirement complicates absentee voting in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa News & Notes: Sept. 25
- 'Science Cafes' come to Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus