A woman with her 2-year-old son in tow was accosted in her driveway last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The mother had just unloaded her little boy from the backseat of the car. Holding his hand, she walked toward the back door of her home in the 1300 block of North 69th Street about 4 p.m. Dec. 14.
A man approached her from behind and grabbed her around the waist with both hands. When he demanded her purse, she tried to speak but the robber jammed an object into her ribs and told her to "shut up."
He took her purse and ran off through the backyard.
She was able to look at the robber and described him as a black man with a dark complexion, about 20 years old, standing about 5 feet, 9 inches tall and having a thin build. He was dressed in a gray sweatshirt with the hood pulled over his head and dark-colored pants.
The woman's smart phone, which had been in her purse, was recovered damaged in West Allis.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Oct. 8
- Nordstrom Mayfair announces gala, late-night party fundraising events
- Block Legal Services opens in Wauwatosa
- DA's office will not bring criminal charges against officers who shot and killed man with sword (1)
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Mayfair mall, Susan G. Komen host series of breast cancer events
- Wauwatosa schools celebrate Walk to School Day on Oct. 7
- Wauwatosa Fire Department earns accreditation, and is now more data-driven than ever
- A tour of homes with a flavor of architecture and history
- Wauwatosa West High School homecoming is student-run this year