A woman with her 2-year-old son in tow was accosted in her driveway last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The mother had just unloaded her little boy from the backseat of the car. Holding his hand, she walked toward the back door of her home in the 1300 block of North 69th Street about 4 p.m. Dec. 14.
A man approached her from behind and grabbed her around the waist with both hands. When he demanded her purse, she tried to speak but the robber jammed an object into her ribs and told her to "shut up."
He took her purse and ran off through the backyard.
She was able to look at the robber and described him as a black man with a dark complexion, about 20 years old, standing about 5 feet, 9 inches tall and having a thin build. He was dressed in a gray sweatshirt with the hood pulled over his head and dark-colored pants.
The woman's smart phone, which had been in her purse, was recovered damaged in West Allis.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Village valet service tentatively halted on Sundays
- Ask Now: Can parts of Milwaukee get annexed back into Wauwatosa?
- Wauwatosa School District filled a 'typical' 60 jobs this summer (1)
- Monarch advocates celebrate 10th year of releasing butterflies at County Grounds in Wauwatosa
- Disability advocates concerned about lack of housing in Wauwatosa
- Gay Ex-Wauwatosa police officer says she endured years of harassment, gets $77k settlement
- Wauwatosa's Diva Day brings shopping deals and business boosts
- Wauwatosa things to do: August 27
- Suspected pipe bomb draws neighborhood attention in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa School District mobile app now available for download