A 19-year-old woman said she was held up at gunpoint at 6 p.m. Jan. 16 while she sat at a bus stop on the southwest corner of North Avenue and 60th Street.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
As she waited for her bus, the woman said, a man approached the bench from the north side of North Avenue, sat down next to her and pointed a gun at her from his lap.
She said he told her to "give me everything you have."
The woman gave him a wallet containing $30 and an MP3 player valued at $200.
The victim said the man then left and she got on a bus.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wellness fair promotes healthy lifestyle among Wilson Elementary students
- In Our Schools: March 6
- Police Report: March 6
- Change aims for user-friendly government
- Ask NOW: When will North Avenue traffic signals be improved?
- Common Council reconsiders smartphone stipend
- Audit exposes weaknesses in school district's special ed program
- City's private/public agency dies quietly
- City Administrator Archambo gets 3-year deal that will take him to $150,000