A 27-year-old woman reported being raped in a vehicle in the parking lot of Mo's Irish Pub, 10842 W. Bluemound Road, early Saturday morning.
According to a Wauwatosa police report:
The woman said she started the evening by having dinner with girlfriends at the Cheesecake Factory, where her husband met up with them. They continued to a friend's Wauwatosa apartment and Leff's Lucky Town, where they continued to drink.
At some point, someone brought her a drink that after one sip made her sick, she told officers.
Her husband headed home, but she stayed out to socialize. Her girlfriends had met some men and the group decided to head to Mo's, getting into the strangers' car for the trip.
She told police she believed she was raped in that vehicle, but not by the driver, sometime between midnight and 5:23 a.m. She didn't recall her time spent at Mo's.
She described the assault as "painful and cold" and said she had a bite mark on her lip. After the rape, the man apologized and asked where he could take her. She directed him to her friend's house, where she picked up her car and drove home.
Her husband called police, and officers said the woman was visibly upset, sobbing and shaking in a chair. Police directed her to go to a hospital to be examined.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa development for Mayfair Road comes back in modified form
- Wauwatosa's Hoppe Tree Service reuses diseased, dying trees in new Urban Wood Lab
- Wauwatosa Woman's Club tries again for parking expansion
- News and Notes
- Most Wauwatosa schools exceed state expectations on district report card
- 1,001 books before kindergarten is more than just a list
- Biz Buzz: Salon, bakery, and chiropractor opening soon
- Fire Chief pulls support from TosaFest fundraiser after firefighters run ad 'embarrassing' city
- In Our Schools: September 18
- EFW grants inspire enriching classroom curriculum