A 27-year-old woman reported being raped in a vehicle in the parking lot of Mo's Irish Pub, 10842 W. Bluemound Road, early Saturday morning.
According to a Wauwatosa police report:
The woman said she started the evening by having dinner with girlfriends at the Cheesecake Factory, where her husband met up with them. They continued to a friend's Wauwatosa apartment and Leff's Lucky Town, where they continued to drink.
At some point, someone brought her a drink that after one sip made her sick, she told officers.
Her husband headed home, but she stayed out to socialize. Her girlfriends had met some men and the group decided to head to Mo's, getting into the strangers' car for the trip.
She told police she believed she was raped in that vehicle, but not by the driver, sometime between midnight and 5:23 a.m. She didn't recall her time spent at Mo's.
She described the assault as "painful and cold" and said she had a bite mark on her lip. After the rape, the man apologized and asked where he could take her. She directed him to her friend's house, where she picked up her car and drove home.
Her husband called police, and officers said the woman was visibly upset, sobbing and shaking in a chair. Police directed her to go to a hospital to be examined.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa United Methodist Church make PB&J sandwiches for meal program
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director
- In Our Schools: April 24
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs