While waiting for a bus in the 9200 block of West Congress Street at 1:40 p.m. Dec. 6, a man in shorts walked up to a woman while pulling his hooded sweat shirt over his face, reached into his pocket and pulled out a large black revolver, according to a Wauwatosa police report.
Also from the report:
The man seemed nervous, shaking the gun pointed at the woman's chest.
"Give me your phone," he demanded, she told officers.
The Milwaukee woman hastily complied, and the robber jogged off. The woman said he came from an apartment complex near the bus stop, but went in a different direction.
Police combed the area for him, turning up no suspects.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hundreds of Tosa residents experienced short power outage Aug. 27
- Wauwatosa Village valet service tentatively halted on Sundays
- Ask Now: Can parts of Milwaukee get annexed back into Wauwatosa?
- Wauwatosa School District filled a 'typical' 60 jobs this summer (2)
- Monarch advocates celebrate 10th year of releasing butterflies at County Grounds in Wauwatosa
- Disability advocates concerned about lack of housing in Wauwatosa
- Gay Ex-Wauwatosa police officer says she endured years of harassment, gets $77k settlement
- Wauwatosa's Diva Day brings shopping deals and business boosts
- Wauwatosa things to do: August 27
- Suspected pipe bomb draws neighborhood attention in Wauwatosa