While waiting for a bus in the 9200 block of West Congress Street at 1:40 p.m. Dec. 6, a man in shorts walked up to a woman while pulling his hooded sweat shirt over his face, reached into his pocket and pulled out a large black revolver, according to a Wauwatosa police report.
Also from the report:
The man seemed nervous, shaking the gun pointed at the woman's chest.
"Give me your phone," he demanded, she told officers.
The Milwaukee woman hastily complied, and the robber jogged off. The woman said he came from an apartment complex near the bus stop, but went in a different direction.
Police combed the area for him, turning up no suspects.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Bob Simi, new director at Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, sees opportunities for development
- How 205 immigrants became citizens at the State Fair Park last week
- Newly designed NICU at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin creates homelike environment
- Wauwatosa breaks out its holiday cheer
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ethnic foods unite Eisenhower fifth-graders for pre-Thanksgiving feast
- Found in possession of stolen jewelry, Wauwatosa's Gold Emporium could lose license
- Ice skating to return to Center Street Park on Wauwatosa border after decades away
- U.S. Naval Academy midshipman educates young minds at Our Redeemer Lutheran School