A 28-year-old Milwaukee woman was riding the bus and on her phone when it was allegedly snatched from her hand by a 14-year-old Milwaukee boy who was getting off the bus.
She wasn't going to let her phone go so easily and bolted after him.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The boy had four of his friends try to block her from getting off with the alleged thief at the intersection of Mayfair Road and West Burleigh Street at 5:48 p.m. Saturday, but she rushed past them, chasing him and flagging down officers at the same time.
The four gave her phone back. The alleged thief was nowhere to be found until police dog Addy tracked him down.
The boy was arrested and admitted to stealing the phone.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Three aquatic parks, including Hoyt Pool, to stay open through Monday
- 88-year-old passenger dies after three-car crash in Tosa
- Police say train accident was 'apparent suicide' by Oak Creek man
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options