A 28-year-old Milwaukee woman was riding the bus and on her phone when it was allegedly snatched from her hand by a 14-year-old Milwaukee boy who was getting off the bus.
She wasn't going to let her phone go so easily and bolted after him.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The boy had four of his friends try to block her from getting off with the alleged thief at the intersection of Mayfair Road and West Burleigh Street at 5:48 p.m. Saturday, but she rushed past them, chasing him and flagging down officers at the same time.
The four gave her phone back. The alleged thief was nowhere to be found until police dog Addy tracked him down.
The boy was arrested and admitted to stealing the phone.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Large Wauwatosa oak tree cut down after storm damage
- Wauwatosa police will host OWI Task Force deployment
- Tosa author publishes children's book based on real life encounters with mouse
- Wauwatosa officers return to work after weeks of administrative leave following shooting death (2)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Sept. 3
- Common council OKs addition of right turn lane at Burleigh Street onto Mayfair Road
- Tosa's Safe Routes to School unveils new safety features in high foot traffic areas
- Ask Now: Is there going to be a park and ride lot on Watertown Plank Road?
- Annual '10 Days in Tosa' promises dining steals, good eats
- In Brief: Sept. 3