A 28-year-old Milwaukee woman was riding the bus and on her phone when it was allegedly snatched from her hand by a 14-year-old Milwaukee boy who was getting off the bus.
She wasn't going to let her phone go so easily and bolted after him.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The boy had four of his friends try to block her from getting off with the alleged thief at the intersection of Mayfair Road and West Burleigh Street at 5:48 p.m. Saturday, but she rushed past them, chasing him and flagging down officers at the same time.
The four gave her phone back. The alleged thief was nowhere to be found until police dog Addy tracked him down.
The boy was arrested and admitted to stealing the phone.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa students hit same average ACT score as last year
- Wauwatosa health department addresses residents' 'excessive' drinking
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest; Aug. 21
- News and Notes: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- Construction underway on Hart Park Pavilion
- Wauwatosa pastor defends political speech in federal court case
- Band Blast Off gives beginner musicians a boost
- Terminated Wauwatosa firefighters still fighting for disability benefits
- Ask Now: What's happening with three businesses on North Avenue?
- Wauwatosa columnist Peggy Dean, in her own words