A 28-year-old Milwaukee woman was riding the bus and on her phone when it was allegedly snatched from her hand by a 14-year-old Milwaukee boy who was getting off the bus.
She wasn't going to let her phone go so easily and bolted after him.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The boy had four of his friends try to block her from getting off with the alleged thief at the intersection of Mayfair Road and West Burleigh Street at 5:48 p.m. Saturday, but she rushed past them, chasing him and flagging down officers at the same time.
The four gave her phone back. The alleged thief was nowhere to be found until police dog Addy tracked him down.
The boy was arrested and admitted to stealing the phone.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Bob Simi, new director at Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, sees opportunities for development
- How 205 immigrants became citizens at the State Fair Park last week
- Newly designed NICU at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin creates homelike environment
- Wauwatosa breaks out its holiday cheer
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ethnic foods unite Eisenhower fifth-graders for pre-Thanksgiving feast
- Found in possession of stolen jewelry, Wauwatosa's Gold Emporium could lose license
- Ice skating to return to Center Street Park on Wauwatosa border after decades away
- U.S. Naval Academy midshipman educates young minds at Our Redeemer Lutheran School