A 16-year-old girl was struck by a car while crossing the street at Wisconsin Avenue and 68th Street on April 6.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The girl had the right of way and began crossing the street when a vehicle turned right onto 68th Street and struck her. The victim fell onto the hood and hit her head on the windshield. She was taken to Froedtert Hospital and received treatment for a head injury and scrapes to her elbow and arm.
The vehicle drove off; however, officers were able to find the vehicle and driver at 9 p.m. in Pewaukee. Lisa Fugina, 43, was arrested for a hit and run causing injury and causing injury by intoxicated use of a motor vehicle.
The teen was able to provide a description of the driver to officers at the hospital, which matched the description of Fugina.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa hosts wedding expo for same-sex couples
- Wauwatosa's Underwood Elementary students donate candy to troops overseas
- Business Spotlight: Wauwatosa yoga and massage center aims to bring body and mind into focus
- In Wauwatosa, aging tailor joins forces with fashion-designing granddaughter
- WSTEM's outdoor classroom continues learning beyond classroom
- In Brief: Tosa Yoga hosts craft fair and Blood Center gains alliance
- Wauwatosa passes levy increase with four aldermen dissenting
- Wauwatosa man's dream 'Ability Center' could have $15 million annual impact, study finds
- Mystery Photo Contest: Nov. 20
- Duct tape fashion show raises money for Longfellow DI program in Wauwatosa