A 16-year-old girl was struck by a car while crossing the street at Wisconsin Avenue and 68th Street on April 6.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The girl had the right of way and began crossing the street when a vehicle turned right onto 68th Street and struck her. The victim fell onto the hood and hit her head on the windshield. She was taken to Froedtert Hospital and received treatment for a head injury and scrapes to her elbow and arm.
The vehicle drove off; however, officers were able to find the vehicle and driver at 9 p.m. in Pewaukee. Lisa Fugina, 43, was arrested for a hit and run causing injury and causing injury by intoxicated use of a motor vehicle.
The teen was able to provide a description of the driver to officers at the hospital, which matched the description of Fugina.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 17-23 (1)
- Monarch-friendly plants for sale in Wauwatosa Sunday
- Wauwatosa reaches deal on Locust Street drop-off lot for students
- Consultant begins process to redesign Wauwatosa Village streetscape (2)
- Wauwatosa farmers market opening for sixth season Saturday
- Milwaukee man charged for causing fatal rollover crash in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa committee approves choice school with late day care hours (6)
- Former manager of Reserve apartments in Wauwatosa accused of embezzling rent money
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 28
- In Our Schools: May 28