A 16-year-old girl was struck by a car while crossing the street at Wisconsin Avenue and 68th Street on April 6.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The girl had the right of way and began crossing the street when a vehicle turned right onto 68th Street and struck her. The victim fell onto the hood and hit her head on the windshield. She was taken to Froedtert Hospital and received treatment for a head injury and scrapes to her elbow and arm.
The vehicle drove off; however, officers were able to find the vehicle and driver at 9 p.m. in Pewaukee. Lisa Fugina, 43, was arrested for a hit and run causing injury and causing injury by intoxicated use of a motor vehicle.
The teen was able to provide a description of the driver to officers at the hospital, which matched the description of Fugina.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late-falling leaves a headache for Wauwatosa
- Birschel says he will not run for re-election
- Police: Man slumped over in broken car arrested for OWI
- Ask NOW: What is the purpose of Discovery Parkway?
- Scam perpetrators use identity of local company
- This Week in Tosa History: Dec. 5
- Property tax bills hit mailboxes next week
- Skate park fundraising reaches $240,000
- More than 1,000 go blue for Sebena
- New Swan Blvd. soon to open as Mayfair work ends north of I-94