Preliminary plans advance for Pasadena Apartments
Plans for a four-story, 24-unit apartment building on North Avenue at 84th Street in Wauwatosa will move forward.
The Common Council at its March 18 meeting adopted a resolution approving preliminary plans for the multifamily apartment building, at the recommendation of the Community Development Committee. The development would replace two studio apartment buildings consisting of 16 units.
District 6 Alderman Jeffrey Roznowski advocated for the development, noting that it would provide a significant improvement from the existing buildings and add to the city's tax base as well as the housing stock it has available for empty nesters or young professionals, for example. Additionally, developer Cardinal Capital Management represents a good partner that is willing to listen to and take into consideration the concerns of the community, Roznowski said.
The resolution was approved unanimously, contingent upon the developer meeting several requirements, including placing an eight-foot fence along the north property line and working with neighbors to the north to install mutually agreed upon design and landscaping accommodations, among other conditions.
Wauwatosa rejects phone expense reimbursement for elected officials
City officials are not in support of a resolution that would authorize elected officials to be reimbursed up to $40 per month for telephone expenses.
On a divided vote, with five voting in favor and seven against, the Common Council at its March 18 meeting rejected the resolution, which was referred to it by the Budget and Finance Committee.
The telephone reimbursement amount specified in the resolution was consistent with administrative policy already in place for nonelected city employees, with proof of actual expenses required to be provided.
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: May 26
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: May 19
- News and Notes: May 12
- In Brief: City seeks volunteers for focus group; seminar can help with advanced care planning
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: April 20, 2016
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: April 14
- In Brief: Meeting set for bus rapid transit study
- In Brief: City, schools to study parks, trails, recreation facilities
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: March 31
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: March 24
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: March 17
- In Brief: March 10
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Farmers Market will move for TosaFest for one week
- Wauwatosa News & Notes: Feb. 25
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Feb. 18
- In Brief: Feb. 11
- In Brief: Eisenhower resale seeks sellers
- Wauwatosa News & Notes: Jan. 28
- Wauwatosa News & Notes: Jan. 21
- Wauwatosa News & Notes: Jan. 14