Preliminary plans advance for Pasadena Apartments
Plans for a four-story, 24-unit apartment building on North Avenue at 84th Street in Wauwatosa will move forward.
The Common Council at its March 18 meeting adopted a resolution approving preliminary plans for the multifamily apartment building, at the recommendation of the Community Development Committee. The development would replace two studio apartment buildings consisting of 16 units.
District 6 Alderman Jeffrey Roznowski advocated for the development, noting that it would provide a significant improvement from the existing buildings and add to the city's tax base as well as the housing stock it has available for empty nesters or young professionals, for example. Additionally, developer Cardinal Capital Management represents a good partner that is willing to listen to and take into consideration the concerns of the community, Roznowski said.
The resolution was approved unanimously, contingent upon the developer meeting several requirements, including placing an eight-foot fence along the north property line and working with neighbors to the north to install mutually agreed upon design and landscaping accommodations, among other conditions.
Wauwatosa rejects phone expense reimbursement for elected officials
City officials are not in support of a resolution that would authorize elected officials to be reimbursed up to $40 per month for telephone expenses.
On a divided vote, with five voting in favor and seven against, the Common Council at its March 18 meeting rejected the resolution, which was referred to it by the Budget and Finance Committee.
The telephone reimbursement amount specified in the resolution was consistent with administrative policy already in place for nonelected city employees, with proof of actual expenses required to be provided.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa News & Notes: Nov. 19
- News and Notes: Nov. 12
- In Brief: Oct. 29
- In brief: trick-or-treat, teacher honor
- In Brief: Nordstrom fundraising; Village streetscaping
- In brief: author chat, budget talks, spring election
- In Brief: Sept. 10
- In Brief: Sept. 3
- In Brief: Family Film Night showing of "Annie," postponed, will go forward tonight, Thursday, Aug. 2
- Tosa news in brief: August 13 issue
- In Brief: Aug. 6
- In Brief: July 30
- News & Notes: July 23, 2015 issue
- Wauwatosa committees approve financial assistance, final project plan for State Street Station
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: June 11
- In brief: groundbreaking, Jersey Mike's, skate park
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: May 28
- News and Notes: May 7
- In Brief: April 16