Once again, Wauwatosa is blessed with excellent candidates to serve as mayor, and we commend both Pete Donegan and Kathy Ehley for their service to Wauwatosa and for running positive campaigns.
As alders and committee chairs, we are acutely aware of the financial challenges of the city's near future and the difficult decisions we may face. We also know that Pete Donegan already has an excellent grasp of the issues and city finances and both council and the administration need this knowledge and experience in the mayor's office. Pete led the development of consensus in council on the infrastructure and employee benefit issues. Pete has never shied away from tough decisions and has displayed commitment to what is best for our city even in the face of strong opposition. We believe that these are important attributes for the next mayor.
We hope you will vote for Pete Donegan for mayor on April 3.
Alderman Michael Walsh
Alderwoman Jill Organ
Alderman Don Birschel
Alderwoman Cheryl Berdan
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Eisenhower resale seeks sellers
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Is it Blue Mound or Bluemound? (1)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Feb. 4
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Feb. 4
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Feb. 8
- Video: Wauwatosa man makes 'miracle' recovery after dying for 8 minutes (3)
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Council mistaken in not funding Center Street Park
- Wauwatosa officials could soon participate in meetings via computer
- Work at State Street Station in Wauwatosa has neighbors rattled (5)
- Wauwatosa students win dozens of awards from Alliance for Young Artists & Writers