The next four years will be very challenging for our city government. Precious little new development and state legislation will result in flat revenue for at least the next few years. Preserving the quality of our services is no longer a given and will hinge on the performance of our employees and the evaluations and decisions of our leaders.
That is why I was extremely pleased when Pete Donegan stepped up to run for mayor. I have served on the Common Council with Pete for the past four years, and I know him to be dedicated to service and to the quality of life in Wauwatosa. His grasp of city function and finance exceeds that of any other alderperson. He has displayed courage and relentless determination on difficult and sensitive issues.
Pete's leadership was pivotal on some of our most important achievements over the past few years, including the reduction of employee benefit costs, the increase in our investment in infrastructure; the renovation of Hart Park athletic fields and the restructuring of our economic development effort.
Pete's career of successful business management is just what the doctor calls for in City Hall. This, along with Pete's great relationship with the city administrator, causes me to expect rapid, positive change. In my view, this leadership team represents our best chance to get through this difficult period unscarred, and I enthusiastically encourage you to vote for Pete Donegan for mayor on Feb. 21 and April 3.
alderman, 5th District
chairman, Budget and Finance Committee
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Three aquatic parks, including Hoyt Pool, to stay open through Monday
- 88-year-old passenger dies after three-car crash in Tosa
- Police say train accident was 'apparent suicide' by Oak Creek man
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options