We, the undersigned, are previous employees of Milwaukee Insurance Co. and its core Operations Division that was led by Pete Donegan as its vice president. We are also longtime residents of Wauwatosa and, so, take a great deal of interest in this mayoral election.
We have heard both candidates agree that the city faces very difficult financial times and will be challenged to continue delivering the current level of services. Donegan makes the case that city government must undertake a "transformation" of organization and culture and become capable of "delivering more with less."
One of Donegan's many credentials for the mayoral position is extensive business management experience including, specifically, that he "led such a transformation in an organization similar in size to our city government and achieved success."
In that statement, Pete was referring to our division at Milwaukee Insurance and we are here to confirm that claim as true. Our organization was failing both in revenue and profitability when Pete rose to its VP. Our "transformation" was dramatic; we went on to achieve sustained success and had some fun along the way. During Pete's seven years heading the division, he had a high impact and was a highly respected leader, and we are confident that Wauwatosa's prospects will be greatly improved under his leadership.
We enthusiastically encourage you to vote for Pete Donegan for mayor.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa police report 200 percent increase in vehicle thefts
- Changes coming to Wauwatosa Village: The Flower Lady finds new home
- Bryant & Stratton College offers new nursing program at Tosa campus
- KFC in Wauwatosa robbed Wednesday morning, suspect still unknown (1)
- Wauwatosa businesses step up to fund baseball fields at Center Street Park (1)
- Mystery Photo Contest: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Police Report Jan. 31 - Feb. 6
- In Brief: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is being done about the smell coming from the Wauwatosa dump?
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Feb. 11