Well, they've done it again! I never get tired of giving kudos to the Tosa East Players and their director, Tom Thaney. This time it's for the elegant production of Sir Elton John and Tim Rice's Broadway musical, "Aida." Based upon Giuseppe Verdi's opera, the show by the same name tells the story of a Nubian slave, Aida, who falls in love with her captor, Ramades, captain of the Egyptian army.
The cast, numbering close to 50, along with the superb vocal music under the direction of Wendy Traeger, the well-balanced full-pit orchestra, and choreography combined with the brilliant multi-settings, fantastic lighting, sound and quick scene changes, make "Aida" a spectacular production not to be missed by audiences of all ages.
Two evening performances remain to be seen, at 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Reservations may be made by calling the theater box office at (414) 773-2111. Some tickets will remain at the box office the nights of the shows for purchase.
In total, more than 100 students have pooled their skills to create an unbelievable triumph of educational theater.
Dale K. Hidde
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa high schoolers will each receive personal Chromebook next year, according to plan
- Menomonee River Parkway temporarily closed for excavation
- Carhartt coming to Wauwatosa's Mayfair Collection
- Wauwatosa News IQ: March 5
- Chinese Lunar New Year celebration at Mayfair Sunday
- Police to warn against impaired driving on St. Patrick's Day
- Fundraiser covers funeral expenses for victim of Wauwatosa house fire
- News & Notes: March 5, 2015
- Wauwatosa Common Council approves rezoning for Wisconsin Lutheran College parking structure
- In Our Schools: March 5