Well, they've done it again! I never get tired of giving kudos to the Tosa East Players and their director, Tom Thaney. This time it's for the elegant production of Sir Elton John and Tim Rice's Broadway musical, "Aida." Based upon Giuseppe Verdi's opera, the show by the same name tells the story of a Nubian slave, Aida, who falls in love with her captor, Ramades, captain of the Egyptian army.
The cast, numbering close to 50, along with the superb vocal music under the direction of Wendy Traeger, the well-balanced full-pit orchestra, and choreography combined with the brilliant multi-settings, fantastic lighting, sound and quick scene changes, make "Aida" a spectacular production not to be missed by audiences of all ages.
Two evening performances remain to be seen, at 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Reservations may be made by calling the theater box office at (414) 773-2111. Some tickets will remain at the box office the nights of the shows for purchase.
In total, more than 100 students have pooled their skills to create an unbelievable triumph of educational theater.
Dale K. Hidde
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: May 5
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: May 5
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 5
- Wauwatosa East student named 2016 presidential scholar
- Tosa Tonight announces 2016 concert headliners
- 360NOW: Wander Wawatosa's village
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes new female giraffe calf
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication
- Area businesses collaborate to create the 'Cranky Sammie' in East Tosa