On the evening of Oct. 4, about 7:30 p.m., I fell down in the kitchen of my home. I wasn't able to get up off the floor, as there was nothing to support me, for about 2 ½ hours.
My telephone rang many times, but I could not reach it.
A guardian angel called my daughter, who was at a meeting downtown with her husband, to tell her I wasn't answering my telephone.
My daughter came to the house and found me on the floor. She then called 911 and went out to tell her husband to come in, as this was going to take some time.
As she was telling him this two nurses were walking past the house and overheard her. They offered to come in and help until the paramedics came.
I was subsequently transported to the emergency room at Froedtert Hospital. I was in the ICU for treatment and had multiple CAT scans of my head and a drain installed.
The treatment by everyone was outstanding.
My thanks to the unknown nurses who helped me, my guardian angel who called, as well as the paramedics, firemen and my family and friends who have given me excellent help as I recover.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Leff's Lucky Town in Wauwatosa considers kitchen expansion (1)
- Walker plans to file for president today
- Driver ejected from car after hitting tree in Wauwatosa (3)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 2
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is the status of the closed Tosa Gas at 84th and North?
- Monarch habitat on the mend in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 21-27 (1)
- Wauwatosa native reflects on time in Afghanistan, Sudan
- Residents who live and work in Wauwatosa will be set back during the bus strike
- Wauwatosa detective home from hospital after shooting