On the evening of Oct. 4, about 7:30 p.m., I fell down in the kitchen of my home. I wasn't able to get up off the floor, as there was nothing to support me, for about 2 ½ hours.
My telephone rang many times, but I could not reach it.
A guardian angel called my daughter, who was at a meeting downtown with her husband, to tell her I wasn't answering my telephone.
My daughter came to the house and found me on the floor. She then called 911 and went out to tell her husband to come in, as this was going to take some time.
As she was telling him this two nurses were walking past the house and overheard her. They offered to come in and help until the paramedics came.
I was subsequently transported to the emergency room at Froedtert Hospital. I was in the ICU for treatment and had multiple CAT scans of my head and a drain installed.
The treatment by everyone was outstanding.
My thanks to the unknown nurses who helped me, my guardian angel who called, as well as the paramedics, firemen and my family and friends who have given me excellent help as I recover.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 30
- In Brief: July 30
- Streetscape project moves to Tosa's Common Council
- Wauwatosa woman believed to be oldest in state
- A Wauwatosa artist's unique work will be on display at the Firefly Art Fair
- First Responders Fest "humbling" for Wauwatosa's emergency crew leaders
- Wauwatosa Meetings: July 30
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Bavaria, relatively new, harkens to the old world
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What can be done to make the Village more pedestrian-friendly?
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: July 30