On the evening of Oct. 4, about 7:30 p.m., I fell down in the kitchen of my home. I wasn't able to get up off the floor, as there was nothing to support me, for about 2 ½ hours.
My telephone rang many times, but I could not reach it.
A guardian angel called my daughter, who was at a meeting downtown with her husband, to tell her I wasn't answering my telephone.
My daughter came to the house and found me on the floor. She then called 911 and went out to tell her husband to come in, as this was going to take some time.
As she was telling him this two nurses were walking past the house and overheard her. They offered to come in and help until the paramedics came.
I was subsequently transported to the emergency room at Froedtert Hospital. I was in the ICU for treatment and had multiple CAT scans of my head and a drain installed.
The treatment by everyone was outstanding.
My thanks to the unknown nurses who helped me, my guardian angel who called, as well as the paramedics, firemen and my family and friends who have given me excellent help as I recover.
- Name revealed of new female giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- State Street road work may be the biggest headache this year in Wauwatosa (1)
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa law enforcement honors fallen officers during national bike tour (1)
- Wauwatosa alderman calls 1979 parking ordinance 'nitpicky,' looks for change (11)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 26
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 26
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes