Voters in Wauwatosa's 1st Aldermanic District election will be confronted with a clear choice once the background, education and accomplishments of the two candidates are compared, and that is why I am endorsing Jim Moldenhauer.
Jim was born and raised in Wauwatosa and has owned a home in our fine city for 18 years. Jim is a graduate of Wauwatosa East High School, Longfellow Middle School and Washington Elementary. Jim graduated cum laude with a Bachelor of Business Administration degree from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and continued his education by earning a Master of Business Administration degree from UW-Madison.
Jim is an IT Manager for Germantown-based Hampel Corp., a fast-growing entrepreneurial plastics company that was a finalist for the 2010 Wisconsin Manufacturing & Commerce Manufacturer of the Year award. Jim's varied duties there include analyzing, reviewing and approving budgets. He is involved in strategic planning, and he oversees and builds vendor relationships. As a manager, he supervises, mentors and evaluates subordinates. He continually mitigates team conflict and communication problems. All of these skills will make him an effective alderman.
Jim's decades in business, along with his MBA, will allow him to promote the concept of sustainable government - a government that provides a set of services important to the community within a tax levy that the community can support.
The city of Wauwatosa has maintained its Aaa bond rating from Moody's Investors Service this year and is one of only four Wisconsin municipalities to hold the top rating. This rating saves the taxpayers' money and promotes economic growth. Residents of the 1st Aldermanic District have a clear choice on which candidate has the expertise to help maintain and preserve this rating.
Lastly, Jim is truthful, intelligent and dedicated with the aptitude and competence needed to be an effectual leader. I encourage you to vote for Jim Moldenhauer to represent the 1st Aldermanic District of Wauwatosa.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options
- Former Wauwatosa priest pleads not guilty to embezzlement charges
- New principal at Lincoln Elementary vows to help students find their 'spark'
- Weekly Planner: Aug. 28
- Second design workshop for Tosa skate park is Thursday