Wauwatosa rejects phone expense reimbursement for elected officials
City officials are not in support of a resolution that would authorize elected officials to be reimbursed up to $40 per month for telephone expenses.
On a divided vote, with five voting in favor and seven against, the Common Council at its March 18 meeting rejected the resolution, which was referred to it by the Budget and Finance Committee.
The telephone reimbursement amount specified in the resolution was consistent with administrative policy already in place for nonelected city employees, with proof of actual expenses required to be provided.
DSHA student wins TEAMCO scholarship
Sarah Organ, a senior at Divine Savior Holy Angels High School, has been awarded a $500 scholarship for post-secondary education from the Union of Technicians, Engineers and Architects of Milwaukee County.
The award was competitively awarded based on academic performance, extracurricular activities and proposed course of study.
Sarah was sponsored by her mother, Jill Organ, who is an engineer with the Facilities Management Division of the Department of Administrative Services and serves in the Planning and Development Division of the Department of Parks, Recreation and Culture of Milwaukee County.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Woman's Club tries again for parking expansion
- News and Notes
- Most Wauwatosa schools exceed state expectations on district report card
- 1,001 books before kindergarten is more than just a list
- Biz Buzz: Salon, bakery, and chiropractor opening soon
- Fire Chief pulls support from TosaFest fundraiser after firefighters run ad 'embarrassing' city
- In Our Schools: September 18
- EFW grants inspire enriching classroom curriculum
- Wauwatosa closer to allowing beekeeping
- Vape Haven rejected by Wauwatosa Common Council