Wauwatosa rejects phone expense reimbursement for elected officials
City officials are not in support of a resolution that would authorize elected officials to be reimbursed up to $40 per month for telephone expenses.
On a divided vote, with five voting in favor and seven against, the Common Council at its March 18 meeting rejected the resolution, which was referred to it by the Budget and Finance Committee.
The telephone reimbursement amount specified in the resolution was consistent with administrative policy already in place for nonelected city employees, with proof of actual expenses required to be provided.
DSHA student wins TEAMCO scholarship
Sarah Organ, a senior at Divine Savior Holy Angels High School, has been awarded a $500 scholarship for post-secondary education from the Union of Technicians, Engineers and Architects of Milwaukee County.
The award was competitively awarded based on academic performance, extracurricular activities and proposed course of study.
Sarah was sponsored by her mother, Jill Organ, who is an engineer with the Facilities Management Division of the Department of Administrative Services and serves in the Planning and Development Division of the Department of Parks, Recreation and Culture of Milwaukee County.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Commission surveying seniors
- Four similar thefts reported at Wisconsin Lutheran College
- Police Report: Jan. 29
- Meijer to open Wauwatosa store in August
- Wauwatosa committee denies funding request to accelerate Innovation Campus hotel
- Wauwatosa committee recommends e-cigarette restrictions
- Wauwatosa to offer 70 open enrollment seats; no openings through Chapter 220 or special education
- Wauwatosa creating Bicycle and Pedestrian Committee to improve facilities
- Pilgrim Lutheran School celebrates more than its name change since accreditation
- Wauwatosa firefighters union battles run up city's legal bills (1)