Wine, painting studio hosts variety of activities
Arté, Wine and Painting Studio, 1442 Underwood Ave., hosts a variety of activities.
The studio will host "The Art of Wine" from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. and 8 to 10 p.m. March 27. Attendees, who must be 21 or older, will sample up to four wines while painting a wine bottle with artist instruction. The cost per session is $39 per person. Register at ArteWineAndPaint.com and click on "Calendar."
Children ages 5 to 12 can attend Spring Break Kid's Camp sessions from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. April 15 to 17. Each session will feature a different classic children's book with activities, story reading and painting. Juice and snacks will be provided. The cost is $35 per session. Use promotion code "KIDSBOOKS" when registering for all three session at one time for a 15 percent discount.
Register online and click on "Calendar."
For information, call (414) 810-6095.
Horowitz honored with Lifetime Achievement Award
Dr. Mary Horowitz, the Robert A. Uihlein, Jr. Chair in Hematologic Research, professor of medicine and chief of hematology and oncology at the Medical College of Wisconsin, was presented with the 2014 Lifetime Achievement Award by the American Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation at the organization's annual meeting.
The award recognizes her involvement and support of the blood and marrow transplant community, and her past, present and current stewardship of both the Center for International Blood and Marrow Transplant Research and the Clinical Trials Network. She was also commended for her commitment to mentoring the next generation of clinical scientists.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Power restored to Eisenhower after classes canceled
- Four-story apartment building proposed for Hall Automotive site
- Little Read Book in Wauwatosa has author signing Sunday
- Wauwatosa police say train death was accidental
- Wauwatosa School District to tighten security with added cameras, changed school entrances
- Wauwatosa Senior Center plans November events
- Biz Buz:: New brew at Ray's
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa School Board approves 1.43 percent levy reduction
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 30