Is there a rumor you've heard that you would like to track down? Is there something in the city — like playground equipment or a pothole — that needs to be fixed? Rick Romano answers some of the mysteries of life in Wauwatosa and helps solve everyday problems.
When will the city provide more off-street parking for North Avenue?
Issue: A reader wrote to us asking about the city's purchase of property on 69th Street just north of North Avenue behind the Voline service station. After the city razed the residential property there, our reader commented that the neighborhood is looking for relief because parking in the area is challenging. "We had heard the property was to be paved to provide extra parking. Instead, it was just seeded. Every space available is filled every night," she wrote.
Status: How to configure the extra parking is being considered as part of an over-all North Avenue plan, Development Director Paulette Enders said.
"The city is looking at that lot and the one that exists across 69th Street to configure space for parking and events," Enders said.
A request for designers soon will be sent out, and the process will include public input once a design has been proposed.
The process will take some time, Enders said, estimating that completion of work depends on funding as well as public input and approval.
"It could take one year or five years," she said.
Contact Rick Romano by emailing email@example.com.
Get in touch
Want us to track down a rumor? Fix a problem? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit WauwatosaNOW.com/Ask to post a question or see some answers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask NOW: What is the purpose of Discovery Parkway?
- Ask NOW: Will The Container Store be part of Mayfair Collection?
- Ask NOW: What is the story behind vacant Colony Camera building in Wauwatosa?
- Ask NOW: Will 68th and Milwaukee ever get stoplights?
- Ask NOW: Should Tosans be concerned about coyotes?
- Ask NOW: Why is the main North Avenue entrance to Mayfair Mall closed?
- Ask NOW: Why did someone tear down a house near Wauwatosa East High School?
- Ask NOW: When will the house near 76th and Wright streets be completed?
- Ask NOW: How does the city decide which sidewalk squares to replace?
- Ask NOW: Will the Watertown Plank Road reconstruction project include converting the coal plant?
- Ask NOW: What's happening with the Smoothie Stop building?
- Ask NOW: Loose board on railroad overpass worries reader
- Ask NOW: Who is responsible for cleaning storm sewer grates?
- Ask NOW: Is there a limit to how many rummage sales one residence can hold?
- Ask NOW: Why are dogs allowed at Hart Park playground?
- Ask NOW: Why did the launch site for Wauwatosa's fireworks move?
- Ask NOW: Why isn't the dip at northbound ramp at Highway 45 and Swan Boulevard being fixed?
- Ask NOW: Will the land to the west of the recently completed Hart Park bridge at 70th Street be re-landscaped?
- Ask NOW: When will North Avenue be repaved and its bridges rebuilt?
- Ask NOW: Why are dogs allowed at the Tosa Farmer's Market?