The Whitnall Park warming house and sledding area are open until 8 p.m. today. Cross-country ski trails will be open, and ski rentals will be available in the concessions area of the warming house. Normal weekend hours for the warming house will be in effect this weekend with Saturday hours from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Other winter activities to take advantage of are downhill skiing at Crystal Ridge Ski Resort, starting tonight from 5 to 10 p.m. Door County Sled dogs, providing authentic rides will also be open for normal weekend hours starting Saturday and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. For information, call the Door County Sled Dog hotline at (414) 967-9677.
All Milwaukee County Parks sledding hills will be in full operation today.
Lighted sledding hills for day or night-time fun (lights will be on tonight):
Currie Park, 3535 N. Mayfair Road, lit until 9 p.m.
Whitnall Park, 5879 S. 92nd St. lit until 10 p.m.
Humboldt Park, 3000 S. Howell Ave. lit until 8 p.m.
Pulaski (Milwaukee), 2677 S. 116th St. lit until 10 p.m.
Daytime sledding hills include:
McCarty Park, 8214 W. Cleveland Ave.
Columbus Park, 7301 W. Courtland Ave.
Greene Park, 4235 S. Lipton Ave.
Hales Corners Park, 5765 S. New Berlin Rd.
LaFollette Park, 9418 W. Washington St.
Maitland Park, 6001 S. 13th St.
Wilson Recreation, 4001 S. 20th St.
McGovern, 5400 N. 51st St.
For more information go to CountyParks.com or call Milwaukee County Parks at (414) 257-7275.
- Name revealed of new female giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- State Street road work may be the biggest headache this year in Wauwatosa (1)
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa law enforcement honors fallen officers during national bike tour (1)
- Wauwatosa alderman calls 1979 parking ordinance 'nitpicky,' looks for change (11)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 26
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 26
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes