The Whitnall Park warming house and sledding area are open until 8 p.m. today. Cross-country ski trails will be open, and ski rentals will be available in the concessions area of the warming house. Normal weekend hours for the warming house will be in effect this weekend with Saturday hours from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Other winter activities to take advantage of are downhill skiing at Crystal Ridge Ski Resort, starting tonight from 5 to 10 p.m. Door County Sled dogs, providing authentic rides will also be open for normal weekend hours starting Saturday and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. For information, call the Door County Sled Dog hotline at (414) 967-9677.
All Milwaukee County Parks sledding hills will be in full operation today.
Lighted sledding hills for day or night-time fun (lights will be on tonight):
Currie Park, 3535 N. Mayfair Road, lit until 9 p.m.
Whitnall Park, 5879 S. 92nd St. lit until 10 p.m.
Humboldt Park, 3000 S. Howell Ave. lit until 8 p.m.
Pulaski (Milwaukee), 2677 S. 116th St. lit until 10 p.m.
Daytime sledding hills include:
McCarty Park, 8214 W. Cleveland Ave.
Columbus Park, 7301 W. Courtland Ave.
Greene Park, 4235 S. Lipton Ave.
Hales Corners Park, 5765 S. New Berlin Rd.
LaFollette Park, 9418 W. Washington St.
Maitland Park, 6001 S. 13th St.
Wilson Recreation, 4001 S. 20th St.
McGovern, 5400 N. 51st St.
For more information go to CountyParks.com or call Milwaukee County Parks at (414) 257-7275.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Bob Simi, new director at Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, sees opportunities for development
- How 205 immigrants became citizens at the State Fair Park last week
- Newly designed NICU at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin creates homelike environment
- Wauwatosa breaks out its holiday cheer
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ethnic foods unite Eisenhower fifth-graders for pre-Thanksgiving feast
- Found in possession of stolen jewelry, Wauwatosa's Gold Emporium could lose license
- Ice skating to return to Center Street Park on Wauwatosa border after decades away
- U.S. Naval Academy midshipman educates young minds at Our Redeemer Lutheran School