The Whitnall Park warming house and sledding area are open until 8 p.m. today. Cross-country ski trails will be open, and ski rentals will be available in the concessions area of the warming house. Normal weekend hours for the warming house will be in effect this weekend with Saturday hours from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Other winter activities to take advantage of are downhill skiing at Crystal Ridge Ski Resort, starting tonight from 5 to 10 p.m. Door County Sled dogs, providing authentic rides will also be open for normal weekend hours starting Saturday and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. For information, call the Door County Sled Dog hotline at (414) 967-9677.
All Milwaukee County Parks sledding hills will be in full operation today.
Lighted sledding hills for day or night-time fun (lights will be on tonight):
Currie Park, 3535 N. Mayfair Road, lit until 9 p.m.
Whitnall Park, 5879 S. 92nd St. lit until 10 p.m.
Humboldt Park, 3000 S. Howell Ave. lit until 8 p.m.
Pulaski (Milwaukee), 2677 S. 116th St. lit until 10 p.m.
Daytime sledding hills include:
McCarty Park, 8214 W. Cleveland Ave.
Columbus Park, 7301 W. Courtland Ave.
Greene Park, 4235 S. Lipton Ave.
Hales Corners Park, 5765 S. New Berlin Rd.
LaFollette Park, 9418 W. Washington St.
Maitland Park, 6001 S. 13th St.
Wilson Recreation, 4001 S. 20th St.
McGovern, 5400 N. 51st St.
For more information go to CountyParks.com or call Milwaukee County Parks at (414) 257-7275.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Not just a class, but an adventure
- Decision on Mayfair apartment proposal delayed by Wauwatosa plan panel
- Ask NOW: Why all the yellow flags on Wisconsin Avenue in Wauwatosa?
- News & Notes: Dec. 11
- Plumber dragged as he tries to stop tool thieves outside Wauwatosa Home Depot
- Man arrested for exposing himself to woman in Wauwatosa
- Police Report: Dec. 11
- Wauwatosa schedules North Avenue repaving project for summer
- Wauwatosa presents new teacher pay plan
- Wauwatosa School Board honors 11 staff employees for exemplary service