A 35-year-old West Allis man was pepper-sprayed by security guards and arrested for disorderly conduct by police because he got unruly at a birthday party at Hart Park.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A private security firm had been hired to watch over a quinceanara, a 15th birthday celebration in the Hispanic community, to which 200 guests had been invited. It took place in the Muellner Building in Hart Park. The birthday girl's family members had given guards a few rules to enforce, such as not allowing kids to leave the building without a chaperon after 10 p.m.
A few minutes before 10 p.m., a couple of kids wanted to go outside. One guard said OK if they were back inside by the deadline, while another told them they couldn't leave and got physically aggressive with the kids, they said.
The kids were pulled into a room for questioning by guards when the West Allis man - the boyfriend of the birthday girl's mother - came to see what was going on. He said he felt responsible for the children at the party; however, he got loud and refused to leave after numerous requests by the guards. He was pepper-sprayed by a guard.
A large amount of alcohol was being consumed and some of the intoxicated adults were upset about the party being disrupted, so police decided to shut it down and told people to leave. Police arrested the man for disorderly conduct because his actions directly contributed to the escalating problems at the city building.
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Get set for Dozer Day in the Village, July 9
- Wauwatosa Meetings: June 30
- Wauwatosa Village businesses remain upbeat amid ongoing reconstruction
- East Tosa Gran Prix draws racers from across the continent
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: June 30
- Mystery Photo Contest: June 30
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of July 4
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Yale Place was once known as Pickle Alley
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Commercial vehicle parking ban is obsolete
- Wauwatosa Virtual Academy reports consistent enrollment numbers