A 35-year-old West Allis man was pepper-sprayed by security guards and arrested for disorderly conduct by police because he got unruly at a birthday party at Hart Park.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A private security firm had been hired to watch over a quinceanara, a 15th birthday celebration in the Hispanic community, to which 200 guests had been invited. It took place in the Muellner Building in Hart Park. The birthday girl's family members had given guards a few rules to enforce, such as not allowing kids to leave the building without a chaperon after 10 p.m.
A few minutes before 10 p.m., a couple of kids wanted to go outside. One guard said OK if they were back inside by the deadline, while another told them they couldn't leave and got physically aggressive with the kids, they said.
The kids were pulled into a room for questioning by guards when the West Allis man - the boyfriend of the birthday girl's mother - came to see what was going on. He said he felt responsible for the children at the party; however, he got loud and refused to leave after numerous requests by the guards. He was pepper-sprayed by a guard.
A large amount of alcohol was being consumed and some of the intoxicated adults were upset about the party being disrupted, so police decided to shut it down and told people to leave. Police arrested the man for disorderly conduct because his actions directly contributed to the escalating problems at the city building.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 23-29
- 10 Days in Tosa offers map to participating restaurants
- Large Wauwatosa oak tree cut down after storm damage
- Wauwatosa police will host OWI Task Force deployment
- Tosa author publishes children's book based on real life encounters with mouse
- Wauwatosa officers return to work after weeks of administrative leave following shooting death (2)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Sept. 3
- Common council OKs addition of right turn lane at Burleigh Street onto Mayfair Road
- Tosa's Safe Routes to School unveils new safety features in high foot traffic areas (1)
- Ask Now: Is there going to be a park and ride lot on Watertown Plank Road?