A Wendy's could fill the fast-food void left when Steak 'n Shake closed at 124th and Burleigh streets 18 months ago.
Tedd Meredith, a representative for the Oak Creek-based Wendy's franchisee Bridgeman Foods, brought a request Monday for a conditional use to the city's Plan Commission.
In an application, Meredith said he expected to hire 45 full- and part-time employees to work at the restaurant.
As with other Wendy's locations, this restaurant will offer indoor seating and use the existing drive-thru. Hours will be similar to the Steak 'n Shake's operation: 5 a.m. to midnight Sunday through Thursday and until 1 a.m. Friday and Saturday.
When the Steak 'n Shake was approved - it opened in 2007 - there was talk that the late-night hours would allow Briggs & Stratton workers from various shifts find a nearby place to eat, Mayor Jill Didier said.
Unlike the prior restaurant, which never caught on in the Milwaukee area and closed Wauwatosa and Waukesha locations, Bridgeman Foods operates numerous local Wendy's eateries.
The Plan Commission unanimously supported the request. The Community Development Committee takes it up Tuesday night.
- Shoulder mount of beloved deer 'Bow Tie' to return to Milwaukee Co. Parks
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will the stone walls of Schoonmacher Creek be repaired?
- Mount Mary University students gear up for CREO fashion show in Tosa
- Art majors find their footing at Mount Mary
- Mystery Photo Contest: May 5
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 9
- Wauwatosa Village streetscape work slotted to begin May 9 (2)
- Wauwatosa In Brief: May 5
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 24-30