Two national fast food franchises will soon open restaurants in Wauwatosa.
Wendy's will hold its grand opening May 29 at 3140 N. 124th St., filling the vacancy left by Steak 'n Shake. It will provide jobs to more than 50 people.
In addition to the usual hamburgers, baked potatoes and Frosty shakes, this Wendy's location will allow diners to have their choice of more than 100 beverage options thanks to the Coca-Cola Freestyle technology. Likened to a modern soda fountain, users can add flavors to blend their sodas - making such concoctions as Raspberry Coke or Grape Sprite, for instance.
Meanwhile, Toppers Pizza came before the city's Design Review Board last week to talk about moving into the PNC Bank storefront at 68th and State streets. The bank is building a larger facility down the street.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Commission surveying seniors
- Four similar thefts reported at Wisconsin Lutheran College
- Police Report: Jan. 29
- Meijer to open Wauwatosa store in August
- Wauwatosa committee denies funding request to accelerate Innovation Campus hotel
- Wauwatosa committee recommends e-cigarette restrictions
- Wauwatosa to offer 70 open enrollment seats; no openings through Chapter 220 or special education
- Wauwatosa creating Bicycle and Pedestrian Committee to improve facilities
- Pilgrim Lutheran School celebrates more than its name change since accreditation
- Wauwatosa firefighters union battles run up city's legal bills